What's wrong with this picture? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bezel's upside down.

Don't see any oil coming out of rocker arms.

That's a heck of a lot of lift.
Start looking at different springs that will not bind..

I'm a SBC guy, so I'm guessing at the part,

but are the valve cover bolts stripped?

Valve cover is missing. What do I win? :flipoff2:

lol. Yes, but nope..

I didn't know that valve springs would bottom out like that. Seems a bit dangerous towards killing pushrods or a cam.
Maybe your lifters are too high or your pushrods too long for the rest of the setup. Have you been mixing and matching bottom end and head parts and forget which pushrods to run?

Man, you are the warmest of them all. But still not exactly what I was looking for. Nope..

Slightly overexposed. Try bumping down your ISO. Any camera/photo forum could have told you.:D

Great idea but I took it with a crappy 75 dollar digital camera. Still nope..

The red garden hose as part of the cooling system!

Thats a napa special heater hose. So nope..

Incorrect rocker arms?

Nope..

t-case installed backwards?

Your not allowed to play.

Push rods are swapped from intake to exhaust?

Shane

Nope.. And you also get a :confused:

Head gasket was left out.

Nope.. But by far the best guess. I would not have even thought of that.

x2 on the valve spring. Fully compressed spring leads to a bent push rod. I'd guess this is a case of valve adjustment gone really bad.

Close but. Nope..

I thought the valve spring retainers were different from intake and exhaust. Is that correct? Looks like your missing some threads on the valve cover stud too. Maybe it's just the angle.

Nope.. Not sure on the studs. I'll let the 1% comment about the threads but still not what I'm looking for.

Bezel's upside down.

If you were in that 1% you would know that this motor is in a FJ55. So Nope..

Don't see any oil coming out of rocker arms.

Nope..

That's a heck of a lot of lift.
Start looking at different springs that will not bind..

Again very close but I'm looking for more. So. Nope..

I'm a SBC guy, so I'm guessing at the part,

but are the valve cover bolts stripped?

Don't think so. Nope..

I'd think the same thing about the spring...someone adjusted the valve on the wrong stroke

ei ei ei o :grinpimp:

Okay, let's say you decked your late model block, then swapped on an early model head that was also decked. You used stock pushrods from the late model, and you should have used early model pushrods and shortened them. Regardless, your stroke on the pushrod is off....like your cam grind is completely off in the wrong direction. Open part of the lobe is too high and closed part of the lobe is too low.

2F pushrods on a 3f block then..

Aftermarket springs,
Shorter valves

valve spring caps are odd as well..

No TEQ stamped on the head

i might be an idiot, deleted the reply above so ya dont pay any attention to my hot cam rambling:)

Last edited:
well, if the valve adjust was okay, that rules out pretty much everything but a cam with too much lift. IE a regrind with a reduced base circle.

The only other thing it could be would be a valve seat that was not cut deep enough, that wouldnt allow for correct closed height, which would throw off open height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom