Finally a 100 owner.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally '99 100 owner....

I got the call tonight that my offer was accepted and will be picking it up Thursday night after work. (praying it goes down without a hitch) Then to the garage it goes.

I will hopefully be tearing the interior out on Friday night then......

• Competently disinfect this thing and clean head liner to floor under carper once removed.Done
  • Install my leather kit. Done
  • New heated seat inserts as I want HOT. Got em
  • New drivers cushion. Ordered today
  • Complete carpet. Ordered front today
  • Husky liners up front. Ordered today for both rows
  • Re wrap all the pillar panels with new vinyl that matches the seats. Done
  • SOR middle row seat cover "Tuff Duck"
  • Re tint entire truck. Done
  • Steering wheel and shifter recovered. Shipped out . Done
  • Order speakers for doors. Ordered from Crutchfield, Infinity Reference 6022si .
  • Order OME lift kit from Slee Done Done

When inside is finished then......

• Timing belt, cam seals, water pump, plugs, filters and all fluids. Mobil1
  • Rear Akebono pads and slotted rotors.
  • Replace all interior and exterior bulbs with LED. Got them coming from eBay.
  • Install HID head lights, lows and highs and fogs Got them coming from eBay.Done
Then figure out a few things......

• Removing the running boards. Done
  • Rebuild starter. Done
  • find out why the cup holder cover is a bitch to open. Full of cola residue.Done
  • Find out if mast is broken for antenna. Broken Done
  • Remove bug deflector. Done

Then the outside will get........

• Full paint stripping by clay magic and Dawn dish soap.Done
  • De grease and detail all the jambs and engine compartment. Done.
  • Touch up all rock chips and bake them rock hard.
  • 2000 grip wet sand most flat areas then send to body shop for polishing.
  • My company name at bottom of doors below molding.
  • MUD and other decals in rear side windows.

Thinking about.......

• Having the wheels powder coated, but what color?Done, sold and bought new OE Chrome
  • Re painting the bumpers or replacing them. Done Slee front
  • Roof rack. Done
  • Rear cargo storage. Installed Outback Solutions.
  • Rack Mounts and rack. Done
  • 2.50 OME lift (cheap way) Ordered from Ben @ Slee today Shocks and Springs
  • Diff drop, Slee Done
  • Do you remove the factory rack? If so whats the steps? Done

What has been done recently.......

• TBS
  • Rebuilt CVC'c
  • excessive fluids
  • All hoses
  • Radiator
  • Battery
  • Front brakes

I know nothing when it come to the tricks and secrets of these, so if you think I need to know about it please post up a thread or thought as I really want to know about it.

Fire away.

best,

Shane
1999 land cruiser.jpg

Last edited:
Black rims with a white 100 looks good. As well as graphite.But I'm sure you know about the rattle can. Cheap and damn easy to touch up. Mine are still looking.... Well,bit scuffed up but there's some black left!

Underneath the feet caps are t25 screws to remove the roofrack.

Cheap lift as in rear springs and cranking torsion bars?

Arb or waiting for Slee's front bumper is the only option for aftermarket bumpers. If not going that route I'd leave em.

Again, Arb makes a good roof rack. So do a few others.

FYI- I have 10% tint on the front windows and 5% on the rear windows (yes, over the 20% factory tint). Dark as s*** and sometimes annoying at night. But in the day no sunglases are needed.

Congrads! Holly crap I wish I had your energy...what a start:clap:

If you want part with the factory roof rack let me know. I'm interested and I have the factory blanks for the holes.

So the blanks are factory? Is that what is in place when nothing is up there?

Black rims with a white 100 looks good. As well as graphite.But I'm sure you know about the rattle can. Cheap and damn easy to touch up. Mine are still looking.... Well,bit scuffed up but there's some black left!

Underneath the feet caps are t25 screws to remove the roofrack.

Cheap lift as in rear springs and cranking torsion bars?

Arb or waiting for Slee's front bumper is the only option for aftermarket bumpers. If not going that route I'd leave em.

Again, Arb makes a good roof rack. So do a few others.

FYI- I have 10% tint on the front windows and 5% on the rear windows (yes, over the 20% factory tint). Dark as s*** and sometimes annoying at night. But in the day no sunglases are needed.

What rear springs? OME and who's shocks?

My buddy owns a tint shop so it will, ummmm DARK! I have no problems with LE in my area so I could care less plus I will take a pic with it all out so if i get a fix it ticket I have old proof :D

Bump it off road has a front bumper available. I am thinking of getting one and have him leave off the top loops so it would be a blade bumper.

I used the Bump It Offroad diff drop and pre owned OME 865 rear springs for a 2 inch lift. I have not replaced the shocks yet, saving up for those. I will be doing OME shocks from Slee.

Please document some of the body reconditioning items you mentioned. My 2000 could use some love.

Also, have you ever considered seat belts as another item to sell. Mine are really dirty and retract really slow, makes the inside feel old. New belts would be great.

nice rig....

Damn i wanted to do the Ostrich in my cruiser....glad i didnt though because she is gone now ;(

However i have a new one that may need some gray Ostrich!!!!!

Can you add heated seats to the second row?

Can you add heated seats to the second row?

Sure you can, its a kit (in the vendor section) in fact I am going to look into putting one under the console cover. :D

nice rig....

Damn i wanted to do the Ostrich in my cruiser....glad i didnt though because she is gone now ;(

However i have a new one that may need some gray Ostrich!!!!!

I have looked at the samples I have, the Ostrich is a darker tan and now thinking I should do Alcantara on the lower back to keep my ass in the seat. Wont on the seat bottom as it strains me to get out of my friends car with it as you stick to it like Velcro.

Please document some of the body reconditioning items you mentioned. My 2000 could use some love.

Also, have you ever considered seat belts as another item to sell. Mine are really dirty and retract really slow, makes the inside feel old. New belts would be great.

I will have pics along the way, as far as seat belts go I just strip the webbing out and then use zip ties to hold them out. Soak in light detergent and then use a pressure washer to rinse after washing, then hang to dry.

Congrats, Shane!

Mot :)

Thank you sir, got anything I can't be without?

Congrats and welcome to the Hundy side of the world! Good job on the list! If like me/others the list never gets much smaller inspite of work being done...;)

You should advertise to the 200 series group since they have that huge center console lid now. Also, what about smaller pieces for the arm rest in the 100 series. Heat up everything!

You should have bought a 2000 plus, you're going to die in the '99, it'll kill you in a rollover. :)

Congrats on the rig, My wifes has 230K and still runs like new.

You should have bought a 2000 plus, you're going to die in the '99, it'll kill you in a rollover. :)

Congrats on the rig, My wife's has 230K and still runs like new.

For what I paid for this I can have ladies with huge bewburs holding pillows around my head for years to come.

I would have loved a later model as I really like the smaller shifter, console and dash. It will come soon enough.

Nice 100. Just picked up a 99LC. It is in the shop today getting the TB, water pump, drive belt, thermostat and new coolant. Also getting the antenna mast replaced. Got the dealer to pull the maintenance history and so far so good. Will probably need brakes in the next few months though.

well, good for you. Welcome!

can I get the ostrich in this color?

Sure..... Perfect Fit McDonald here in Portland is where I can get it locally.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom