What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the boy out for a nap time ride..... Always my favorite excuse for a bit of mucking around. So t thought I'd give the cable lockers a try for the first time since I got them installed. Got stuck in some hub deep mud. And the rear locker got me out. Also was able to climb some stuff that I never would have been close to getting up before. And I noticed that the rear locker allowed me to shift the rear around a bit to either side repositioning the truck so I could back down and get a better line for climbing.

First time to drive a locked rear end and, well- it works freakin great. I'm glad I chose to spend the dough on the 70 series axles rather using the dough for a lift kit. Can't wait to get the front hooked up too.
image-745988845.jpg
image-711536724.jpg
image-3822410140.jpg

And made some new friends.
image-2629529675.jpg
image-3974354263.jpg

Adjusted the valves - running like a big, beautiful sewing machine now. All were close, but the slight adjustments made a world of difference.

Brought new 78 home for my wife (of course I wanted it) older sis to my 82 fj40. Considering do frame off, want to take it back to original ASAP.
image.jpg

No pics but prob not needed---took apart the heater blower and cleaned everything-new paint, and best of all, new weather strip seals around the fan intake and exhaust--now I can actually get fresh air when I pull the 'fresh" knob, instead of the hot air from the engine.
Next week---the heater itself.

Spent the day using it to drag trees that had fallen down up to the house to be chopped up for firewood. After that... drove it down to the creek and cooled off white trash style. :) Who needs a cool.... well... I kinda want one actually. The creek stinks and is pretty dirty.

1005510_10200886887879379_371327269_n_zpseeb1ed64.jpg

Good times

Spent the day using it to drag trees that had fallen down up to the house to be chopped up for firewood. After that... drove it down to the creek and cooled off white trash style. :) Who needs a cool.... well... I kinda want one actually. The creek stinks and is pretty dirty.

Good times:cheers:

This is a great thread ~

I got two things accomplished for the 40 today (but they took months to come together)

1) The ambulance door license plate wiring cover got installed. It took a while to locate one (The consensus is they are taken off, misplaced, never put back on?). It came in blue, got it painted last night and installed early am.

2) Something I did to for the 40 :) was assembling the carport that was special ordered to fit exactly into my side yard. The parts came via truck from Carportsandmore.com and I will have to say I was impressed by the quality and the flexibility of the company. They even paint to your color specification. After much shopping around I felt this was the best value for the $ spent. I took about 3.5 hours by myself to assemble. Now I dont have to leave it out at night and it is also protected from the elements.

Congrafulations on the wire cover! They are hard to find,need one myself,I'm still looking.Nice carport, I know how it is in our arrid state.Now,all you need is a door handle to make it perfect,hehehe.

Is that green paint?

Looks Like a great Day!!

I plumbed and wired

I had to travel this weekend but did manage to get some more plumbing and wiring done. And I cleared the bezel gauges and glove box door finally! photo.jpg
photo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom