What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painted the Valve cover, header, and intake Saturday when it was 85* out. Installed them today while it was snowing and 35*. Crazy weather.

20220418_122144.jpg

20220418_122151.jpg

Yeah it is!
So close to getting her on the road. :clap::clap:
Hurry up! Just turned 250 miles this morning. The '69 has daily driver status this week, the weather is absolutely perfect for topless 40 cruising right now!

IMG_4096.jpg
IMG_4097.jpg
IMG_4098.jpg

Sweet!
Im trying lol 😂.
Exhaust next .
2.25" pipe with a flowmaster muffler. I LOVE the way this 40 sounds. Throaty and healthy, but not annoyingly droney like some mufflers. It sounds like its got a healthy cam at idle, but I think its just the muffler.

Shims! Installed shims to improve the castor and pinion angles. They make a difference. Wish I had known about this when I originally installed the OME lift.

And then I went for a spin to give the truck some exercise. 100 miles later and I'm in Lockwood Valley doing some light wheeling :cool:. It's nice to finally have it running well enough to trust when I'm an inconvenient distance from a tow truck. I was alone so nothing crazy, but I got to use 4-Low quite a bit. She didn't let me down, which is pretty nice because it was lonely out there. Today I learned I'm definitely not a MOST DIFFICULT person. You can see that trail heading steeply up to the right in the first picture. Too rocky, steep and unforgiving.
Very cool. Can I ask- what degree shims did you end up using? I have an OME kit and i've been wondering what shims people use. I know, I know, I should just get out the angle finder and measure, and I will. Also, did you go for steel shims, and if so, where'd you get them? Thanks!!

Very cool. Can I ask- what degree shims did you end up using? I have an OME kit and i've been wondering what shims people use. I know, I know, I should just get out the angle finder and measure, and I will. Also, did you go for steel shims, and if so, where'd you get them? Thanks!!
2 degree in the front and 4 degree in the back. But I don't think everyone gets the same shackles with the kits and you're going to want to measure, or at least eyeball it. Best to measure as installing them is a bit of a pain and if you get it wrong ... well, it's a pain. Also, when you add the shims you may need new pins. And those pins may end up being a larger diameter than the holes in the springs. The 2 degree shims came with a hole that allowed me to use the original pins. The 4 degree shims were bit wider and had a larger diameter hole for the pin. I ended up using bigger pins and drilling out the hole in each leaf. Also a pain since the springs had to come off. Anyhow, leveling out those pinions does help. And even with only a 2 degree change in the front, it handles better.

Last edited:
Painted my new OEM fuel tank as a last step before installing new factory fuel system inclusive of lines, return, charcoal filter and fuel pump.

Then went for a ride to see if the bait fish returned to the river to signal the beginning of the annual striper bass migration.

37BDE147-2373-40F0-B334-8C211169595F.jpeg

DDB9EF5F-6B9F-4344-88EA-E8AA3A923A58.jpeg

B9572201-1E67-4C48-BA72-BBF9BC719C40.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom