What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (130 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put the windshield down and went for a drive. Forgot how windy it can be, but still fun for short drives around the neighborhood.

B060B2FA-4DAB-4371-9CA8-44BDA3E12076.jpeg

20210623_182209.jpg

Getting the windows tinted to 35%

Vintage Air FJ40 Heater Install: Not proud of this one. Total, big baby melt down. And the cause, is from my earlier mistakes. I always post the fails, this is one of them. Enjoy the lack of perfection. Remember to measure twice…

My Feb '76 passed CA smog check, always a good day.

Pre smog checklist:

Oil & filter change (Valvoline 20-50 w/ zinc, OEM filter)
OEM pcv valve
Change timing from 12 to 7 deg. btdc
New spark plugs (NGK BPR5EY-11)
Adjust carb per Toyota FSM

It's always gratifying to hear the smog tech say how good the 40 runs. He added they see a lot of Jeeps not even half as old as my rig that can't pass smog, LOFL!

B40CEA44-D8F9-44A7-87AD-AAE05E60D760.jpeg

Finally got my top dash pad off my '75 FJ40 after folding the windshield down and discovered a mystery device. I've searched this up and see references to a dash light but don't see a bulb in it or where it would project out. Anyone know what this is before I try to remove it from the dash?

IMG_7081.JPG

Finally got my top dash pad off my '75 FJ40 after folding the windshield down and discovered a mystery device. I've searched this up and see references to a dash light but don't see a bulb in it or where it would project out. Anyone know what this is before I try to remove it from the dash?

View attachment 2714511

It's a dash light. I think unscrews from the front.

Got rid of a lot of the gear whine with 3 out of 4 new tcase gears. I couldn't justify replacing the low range gear for an additional $300. Now I find that the rear diff needs bearings and spider gears. Ugh.
IMG_20210627_151208_01.jpg

Honestly it was like a 30 minute job. Hardest part was lining it up. I used 1/2 steel sleeve spacers to fill the gap I have from the tub top to rear sill. They may not be needed for yours.
was it pretty easy to mount up? got their half doors and thinking about getting the tailgate as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom