What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll update with some photos in the morning but today my Dad and I got the following electrical items working:
-headlights
-hazard
-blinkers
-brakes
-markers (kinda... will have some questions)
-fuel level
-blower motor
-horns

Trying to get this Sniper install wrapped up.

Been too busy with other junk lately.

Ran metal line from pump to Sniper, now working on return line. Going metal there as well.
In the middle of getting an adapter for the water temp sender, but in the mean time running it inline with heater hose and an adapter.

Also decided to build a separate fuel return line into the fuel filler neck. Drilled it and soldered in 3/8 metal line bent 90 degrees and pointing towards the tank.

This way I can customize the vent line separately. I will be adding a mini charcoal canister to the vent line. Discovered many efi conversions are using this method with great results. Its designed to filter the vacuum line on a brake booster for corvettes.

20200229_154107.jpg

20200229_191930.jpg

Decided to use my new M12 Fuel angle grinder to cut through the passenger side paint to find more underlying rust spots. Treated with converter and then went a little crazy with the primer. Definitely not a show queen, but cleaned up.

As I was waiting for that to dry, I decided to stick an exacto-knife through my thumb. Only 3 stitches and back to work. Lol.

CA47A97C-1372-4E7C-B242-5298BE494C75.jpeg

C7038D8D-789F-4B67-BB96-3E432138B4CE.jpeg
F8938321-71CB-441D-810D-D8D64E537DE4.jpeg
39A8B7D8-55A4-4323-864D-5D6E2A1C9761.jpeg

Going to make the rear look more like the front.

$50 for the 4 OEM flares that were being scrapped. The front 2 will be got rid of one way or another (they have no place being near a land cruiser).

They were originally off a F&@$(;(/g $x$ J&@$ TJ. If you must know.

My 40s blood is far from being pure... but it’s thick enough to not be infected by Chrysler contamination.

Last edited:
Fixing a fender on my beater..😁

20200302_114025.jpg

20200302_113249.jpg

What heater do you have? the 74+ heater interferes with the fresh air mechanism.

Yessir, that is the problem. So I guess I will take the fresh air assembly out and plug the top. Bummer.

So I will have a turn key fresh air assembly if anyone is interested. All new soft parts from City Racer.

Yessir, that is the problem. So I guess I will take the fresh air assembly out and plug the top. Bummer.

So I will have a turn key fresh air assembly if anyone is interested. All new soft parts from City Racer.

That's too bad. I did the exact same thing about a month ago. Currently working out in my mind how to actuate the damper without the pull rod. I'm not giving up.

I've been looking at making a small recessed pocket in the top of the heater.... but not sure how well it'll work out. I know using my blower motor and fresh air will work much better, but I really like the mechanical aspect of the damper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom