What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bought a new oem dash pad and installed it. Took a chance and purchased one on eBay from a seller out of Dubai. This was $100+ cheaper than any other option that I had (I don’t have a Toyota parts guy hookup!).

I received it in less than a week! Seller name is dxbwolf and seems to post them once in awhile.

836567B9-4779-4EC0-873A-4E601A347322.jpeg
237DAB93-BA92-4E91-BF61-596066253BF6.jpeg

Finished my dash panel project - for now- finally. I replaced the dash panel with one that was not hacked up, installed defrost deflectors, fixed some issues with the wiring harness left over from the 3fe swap a few years ago, put in the interval wipers, cluster volt meter, pneumatic heater valve, electric fresh air damper actuator, rear heater, Toyota cassette player, impostor vader light and switch, dome light and headlight switch, idle up switch, new fog light switch, A/C switch and on board air switch, upgraded Toyota headlight harness with relays, check engine light, under dash heater light. And lastly the new dash pad I've had leaning in the corner for a couple years. I couldn't get the cowl damper to work this time, I rebuilt it but there is conflict between the top of the 74+ heater and the pull rod that operates the damper. I'll figure that out later. Paint later. I'm ready to drive it for a while.

20200205_165031.jpg
20200205_165130.jpg

How much of the top did you need to take off to put on new dash pad? Looks great!

I just did this with mine, I took the top loose across the front and down the sides so only the rear flange was still bolted down. There was enough play to lift the top far enough to drop the windshield after that. The top gutter is corroded around the rear corners so I wasn't really worried about flexing it, I have a new one in a box for future top refurb.

@TheHardWay

My father dropped me when I was 1... that’s how far back that goes :meh:

I think that love for getting head hits was the start of a love for hockey ... I had many hits over 9 years playing... when I got my 40 I think I was expecting it to love me back... I was sorely mistaken as the 40 hit my Mellon as well ... I taught it a lesson and tore its top off

Had a skimpy top for awhile and even a bikini before going for the non head hitting nice slim fitting FST canvas top

Hmmmm that all sound weird

All is good now .... I think :meh:

@FJ40|RUNNER

City racer carries them as well for those in the need now

Last week was a bad week. In the morning my '82 FJ40 failed smog, which can become a real pain in CA. I then decided to take my '80 FJ40 to the store and got T-boned by an old lady while I was backing into a parking spot. I think she hit the gas instead of the brakes. The impact pushed the 40 about a foot sideways. I wouldn't normally back into a spot but I did not want someone to grab my beer out of the back while I was in the store. The 40 survived with minor rocker panel, front fender, and rear quarter damage. It's a wheeling truck so I will be able to bend most parts back into place. I am just glad that she didn't hit my '82.

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

DSC_0967.JPG

Last edited:
@Otis

Sorry about your bad week

I can relate to the hits ... as I have been hit two times in my 40 ... one a t bone and another from the back as well as a rollover at speed

Never a fun event

As for CA I hate even the term ‘gross’ polluter ... it’s childish term ... kinda like saying your a bad person for not complying with us now take out your weewee so we can hit it :meh:

Like to hear your outcome/fix for fixing your high emissions numbers

There r a few threads about fixes ... good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom