What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been an ongoing small project for the last few weeks. Putting new seatbelts in to replace the lap belts that are in the front. Started with making a set of gussets to fit the roll bar.
Love this idea. I've got a list of things to make my rig a little safer... 3 point belts are near the top!

Was looking at this one for a while. Looked pretty good from the pictures

how is it?
It is in great condition. very little rust, with no rot... nothing like I had been looking at for the same price range. Seems to run strong. Really happy with it.

Well lunch break was somewhat productive. Mounted a TJ flare to mark where it needs to be cut. Pulled the rear of the tub back in since it drifted a little and ditched my California plates.

1227044B-78C0-4F16-9BC4-BCB6350FCFC9.jpeg

10818819-55C1-46C8-969E-4BC5FE89E655.jpeg

1AC5161E-E1CB-441F-8E29-A41F3E358F50.jpeg

I started prepping for a new radiator, electric fan and Vintage Air heater and ended up deep in wiring while waiting on the parts. I chased out dead wires and soldered up all the old wiring that was connected with butt connectors. I’m hoping it all works this evening when I power it up.

60A46BF1-A4CE-4B93-B363-0DD931C717C6.jpeg

C6A7C341-42B1-4A56-BDC7-EBC859817824.jpeg

A164474F-B740-496E-BF9B-657E1AC4CCF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Other than continuing to sort, clean, and organize parts for my '71 FJ40 build, not much. Earlier this year I removed an old toggle switch from the dash that the PO used as the interior light switch. This morning I was troubleshooting the forced air function on the old electrical space heater I got from my brother-in-law a while back. It turns out the brittle plastic push button housing was broken, and then I remembered that toggle switch that was sitting on top of the refrigerator in the garage. So I did a few wiring modifications and fixed the heater. The timing was good, the first snow of the season is predicted for today, and when I came up the stairs from the basement with the heater I saw that it had just started to snow :).

Fall has finally come to north Texas; going to the gym this morning it was 40 degrees and rainy. Had to invoke WARM PULL and FAN PULL (1st click only) for the first time since last winter.

IMG_1288[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom