What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove her..... Sunday afternoon piddling - bet I’m not the only one that searches for the ‘perfect’ parking place......... SHADE!
FA2F0030-0309-4898-AAF9-DDE010D5F387.jpeg

Hey @rkymtnflyfisher ..... stay safe in that bad weather you got coming!

Bought a different house 1 town North of where we were living back in July, got most of the interior remodeling done, moved in, but the garage is currently full of boxes and material for completing an attic game room addition we’re on the middle of. 🤪
Long story short, old house sold and had to get the project moved out of the garage and into temporary storage today for a few months while the house projects get finished. Hope to finally be able to make some real progress on this thing this winter!
ACAF42EC-7783-4B8F-AAB3-15B85865B5D2.jpeg
0DF65867-0876-4010-B873-FE1C3CF0C185.jpeg
62CE8AA7-2515-48A6-9FCC-7A9557643C3E.jpeg

Got the old red 40 out of storage in hopes of wheeling this weekend. Did some baseline crap then decided to use left over polishing compound on the front clip. Not sure why cause the thing hasn’t even been washed for many many years..
Brings new meaning to polishing a turd...

B1C406DB-ED6F-4F14-A375-3669E73A08DA.jpeg

Curious why you chose to get replacement panels from so many different panels (genuinely curious, not trolling), and to know how well they all fit together.

Curious why you chose to get replacement panels from so many different panels (genuinely curious, not trolling), and to know how well they all fit together.

A good question.

I started with the @Awl_TEQ rear sill which was the best i one found. But he doesn't make any of the other parts I needed.

Real steel had ok quarters but I didn't like their rear floor (no cross braces at least in their eBay photos)

Land Cruiser Heaven had a decent rear floor but 15 weeks for delivery was a bit much to endure also they had a front floor they had didn't look great.

Ci troa had a great price on the front floor but it turned out to be s**t and I mean s**t s**t. I am pretty sure they made the floor from some Polaroids of a floor taken in1983.

I was learning as I went as well. So I thought I could save some parts but in the end the best thing to do was to replace it all.

Installed a new water heater in my house.
While I was waiting for the pipe glue to set enough for a leak test I installed new seat belts in the Land Cruiser.
They look Ok but am going tho have to get used to the different layout and buckle release.
The release works alright if can remember how to tie the square knot correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom