What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today’s activities. Rust and air bubbles in welds.

C6CAB679-8442-4EC9-AEB3-8D0482C6FEBD.jpeg

2F08ED6C-56BF-43B4-A741-7DC0E5FA91B6.jpeg

21940E05-58FD-43BF-A45B-DBBE94383E2C.jpeg

C7BFF77E-8FC4-4D01-AE2F-177E39963935.jpeg

34FCD7A3-2150-48B4-8BA7-1FD331E6C714.jpeg

Spent a few more weeks in Alaska and the Yukon Territory with it. Covered a bit more than 3K miles while I was up there. Installed an air locker, winch, brush guard and clutch. Never a dull moment when I spend time with my brother(s) and friends.
View attachment 2092690

That photo could be the cover photo for any travel, adventure or Toyota Trails magazine.

Spent a few more weeks in Alaska and the Yukon Territory with it. Covered a bit more than 3K miles while I was up there. Installed an air locker, winch, brush guard and clutch. Never a dull moment when I spend time with my brother(s) and friends.

I first thought it is Black and White shot :) Well done.

Finally took our 'shakedown cruise' around the Hood Canal and up a few forest service roads. The only thing that shook off was a windshield wiper blade! Didn't need 4wd but decided to try it on something more interesting than my gravel driveway... and ended up with it stuck in 4wd. This has the hydraulic system, and perhaps the switch was misbehaving; I bypassed the switch (luckily packed a good spare bits box) and after driving a hundred yards, the Front Drive light switched off. Question- in preparation for being stuck in front drive and nearing pavement, I unlocked my Warn hubs; any harm driving like that for a ways?

Against the advice of several car acquaintances, who say I should put this thing in more car shows, we're just going to drive it and let the dings and chips re-colonize the truck. Can't wait to do more exploring!

IMG_0551.JPG

Last edited:
Finally took our 'shakedown cruise' around the Hood Canal and up a few forest service roads. The only thing that shook off was a windshield wiper blade! Didn't need 4wd but decided to try it on something more interesting that my gravel driveway... and ended up with it stuck in 4wd. This has the hydraulic system, and perhaps the switch was misbehaving; I bypassed the switch (luckily packed a good spare bits box) and after driving a hundred yards, the Front Drive light switched off. Question- in preparation for being stuck in front drive and nearing pavement, I unlocked my Warn hubs; any harm driving like that for a ways?

It won't hurt anything, have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom