What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@FJ406 - FYI - Too late now that you ordered one, but 11mm x 1.25 is virtually interchangeable with SAE 7/16 x 20. Really. The difference is about .002" in diameter, the thread pitch difference is unmeasurable. I've used the 7/16 tap on mine, worked perfectly.

Apparently, that's why seatbelt fittings standardized on that thread - car makers who were in metric countries could use 11x1.25, while the US makers could use 7/16x20, and fitting hardware could interchange.
The seat belt attachment bolts in FJ6Xs (and probably a lot of other later Toyota models) are actually 7/16 X 20.

The seat belt attachment bolts in FJ6Xs (and probably a lot of other later Toyota models) are actually 7/16 X 20.
That's the whole point — 7/16x20 and 11x1.25 are interchangeable. Most people think of seatbelt hardware as 7/16x20, but that's probably only because 11x1.25 is not a common size.

Didn't really do anything to my 40, nor do I know where I should post this, but I had my brother fix some photos I shot with my good camera last fall near Mt. Rainer. Feel free to snag them if anyone needs a cool wallpaper for your computer screen!

IMG_7750(1).jpg

IMG_7788(1).jpg

IMG_7824(1).jpg

Some pix of work in process. Winch, water pump, belt, coil, wires, plugs, mats, Tuffy Boxes. I have KC Daylighters but not sure if there is room. Was thinking in front of tow hooks with an "L" mounting plate in front of bumper. Can always remove a light in off chance I need to use tow hook. Thoughts? Last pix is my pup saying "when are we going after birds?"

IMG_7650.JPG
IMG_7652.JPG
IMG_7653.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7645.JPG

Am thinking of returning the KC Daylighters--tried to think of different places to put them but it would look crowded and too busy-- PTO winch takes up a lot of room and license bracket does not help either. Maybe better to have clean front end; I have halogens anyway. Later. Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

• flee
Back
Top Bottom