What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I removed the ACH and installed 2.5" OME Med and an ARB Deluxe.
Took about 14 hours with a lift.

The front was easy and I saved all the ACH stuff except for the small hard lines.

The rear is stupid.
Cutting the shocks off is the easy part removing the lines sucks
I should have left lines but didn't want them rubbing the frame for the next 20 years and cause a rust hole.

Last edited:
I removed the ACH and installed 2.5" OME Med and an ARB Deluxe.
Took about 14 hours with a lift.

The front was easy and I saved all the ACH stuff except for the small hard lines.

The rear is stupid.
Cutting the shocks off is the easy part removing the lines sucks
I should have left lines but didn't want them rubbing the frame for the next 20 years and cause a rust hole.

I did this too, my question for you is this: How did you reach up to finally finish torquing the bolt on the rear shock? I bought Bilstiens on all 4 corners and the OME coils, but I will say reaching up to get it to torque spec was such a mess with no room..

I did this too, my question for you is this: How did you reach up to finally finish torquing the bolt on the rear shock? I bought Bilstiens on all 4 corners and the OME coils, but I will say reaching up to get it to torque spec was such a mess with no room..

I've drilled holes on the floor board both sides once working on a friends truck. It was impossible without that, at least what I've noticed.

Torque??? Hahahaha I used a 7/8 box wrench and I think a 19mm to hold the shock body.
Turned it 1/1,000,000 of a turn each time.
Took hours and it's tight enough for me.

You actually have more room taking off the old ones and was able to get a socket and breaker bar on it.
Problem there was after breaking the nut and getting a few turns we couldn't hold the shock from spinning and had to remove the socket and breaker bar... another hour b/c it wedged itself since it was now 1/100 of an inch closer to the floor.
So it was back to cutting them off with a grinder and sawzall tag-team.

I will NEVER do it again without pulling the body, exhaust and gas tank.... seriously...... Oh yeah did I mention I had a lift??

Last edited:

I too cut the hole in the floor. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

I plumbed 4 air couplers to each corner, and bought some rubber dust caps from Ace Hardware so they don't gunk up.

Completed the HID retrofit and install (MiniH1 and morimoto 2 stroke in depos), very pleased with the increased output:

Took a break from skiing to wander around the desert

I plumbed 4 air couplers to each corner, and bought some rubber dust caps from Ace Hardware so they don't gunk up.

View attachment 1954314

Badass. I had some pressurized bumpers/nitro taps on a Jeep build and was thinking it would be really cool if my ARB could do the same. Interested in your steps for sure.

Upgraded rear wiper last week. Fronts next.

20190411_161026.jpg

If you do a 1" bodylilft you can get access from the sides either from the wheelwell or from under the car. :)

I bet you can install a BL and suspension faster than it would take to do the suspension without the BL

Re-indexed my torsion bars on my AHC system and ordered Sway Away Torsion bars. Also installed Metal Tech 30mm spacers in the rear until I get King springs and AHC shock spacers installed. I'm really trying to play around with different setups with the AHC system installed before I get in to removing it.

Just reading up on the Sway Away torsion bars, if the AHC system fails me, I'll be able to crank them down and still ride out without sitting the bump stops.

@ktmracer01 I didn't know you could do that with Sway away TB's and AHC. I thought they were even thicker / stiffer than Old Man. Ill be interested to hear how your AHC rides/ performs after install. you should do a write up!

@ktmracer01 I didn't know you could do that with Sway away TB's and AHC. I thought they were even thicker / stiffer than Old Man. Ill be interested to hear how your AHC rides/ performs after install. you should do a write up!

@DJCloz I'll definitely be posting my feedback on the Sway Away TB's. My brother has an LX and he's relying on me to be the guinea pig for him to make a decision on what suspension setup he goes with. It'll be a couple of months though. I'm about to head back overseas for work and the TB's aren't scheduled to show up until after I leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom