What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (134 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did Joshua Tree NP for the first time. Not much wheeling, but Berdoo Canyon was fun to check out.
image-2616267388.jpg
image-1635487774.jpg
image-940557556.jpg

Thats odd on the front end. Did you contact OME about the uneven stance? Is that normal? 3/4" seems like a lot. Is OME the only option for a stock(ish) height spring?

Those figures were from right after the install was done, with no driving yet. They may have settled out to something more even, I'll have to take another round of measurements and see where we're at.

My youngest son and I installed a new PCV valve and valve hoses. Also installed an oil catch can. Ran out of time this evening so the CDL switch will have to wait until next weekend.

DSCF0485640x473.jpg

Thanks to all of you who've posted how-to threads - Particularly on the PCV grommet. As many of you mentioned, it separated into two parts - the part that fell in the and the part that came out. Knowing that was going to happen and what to do helped a lot.

So we received a little snow this weekend and my son wanted to make a snow man. Well, the snow at my house was of course no good and we "had" to take a ride up in the mountains to see if we could find better snow... We did find some, but still too cold to make a good snow man. On a positive note these Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's really hook up good in the snow. It is towards the end of hunting season up here and the roads are really beat to crap, so I aired the tires down to 10 psi to smooth out the washboards. These tires are great, they have a very positive grip and even in the areas we should not have been, pulled right through, I can't say enough how happy I am with these tires. In all the environments I have had them in so far they have far exceeded my expectations.

Big Ass Tree at the Top of the Pass, I couldn't get it all in the picture
IMAG0464.jpg

Far from Baja...
IMAG0465.jpg

Couple of good inches
IMAG0466.jpg

Funny Shot
IMAG0471.jpg

I thought the snow capped sombrero was funny
IMAG0472.jpg

Almost dragging the diffs
IMAG0473.jpg

Happy Boy
IMAG0470.jpg

Last edited:
So we received a little snow this weekend and my son wanted to make a snow man. Well, the snow at my house was of course no good and we "had" to take a ride up in the mountains to see if we could find better snow... We did find some, but still too cold to make a good snow man. On a positive note these tires really hook up good in the snow. It is towards the end of hunting season up here and the roads are really beat to crap, so I aired the tires down to 10 psi again to smooth out the washboards. These tires are great, they have a very positive grip and even in the areas we should not have been, pulled right through, I can't say enough how happy I am with these tires. In all the environments I have had them in so far they have far exceeded my expectations.

Big Ass Tree at the Top of the Pass, I couldn't get it all in the picture

Far from Baja...

Couple of good inches

Funny Shot

I thought the snow capped sombrero was funny

Almost dragging the diffs

Happy Boy

What kind of tires? See the size in your sig but not the make....Looks like the boy and you had a lot of fun.

Wheeled at Uwharrie.

Went up with a group from Charlotte to Uwharrie to camp/wheel all weekend for Vet's Day.
543029_4563696007161_60344957_n.jpg
27991_476389712411646_425666618_n.jpg

I took my first off-road adventure today with several jeeps (but nice people nonetheless). I went everywhere that they did, that I wanted to go. I skipped the big mud pits and driving through the big ravines sideways.

One minute before we turned off the pavement, my check engine light came on. I tried the gas cap trick, and then we checked under the hood for loose wires or mystery fluids. We didn't see anything, and the engine wasn't running any different, so I spent the next few hours "wheeling" before I stopped at an Advance Auto Parts on the way home.

The code reader said it was an O2 sensor and some other part that cost $400.00 bucks! We went with plan B, which was put in a bottle of Sea Form and a bottle of fuel treatment, reset the check engine light, and drive it and see what happens. 20+ miles later, and starting the car at least twice, so far so good.
IMAG0483.jpg

What kind of tires? See the size in your sig but not the make....Looks like the boy and you had a lot of fun.

Pretty sure he is running the falken wild peaks. I was looking forward to a report on the tires as I'm contemplating them for my next shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Pulled my Kaymar bumper off along with the rear flares, and installed a branny new 4x4 Labs bumper on Friday. Saturday she turned 200k on the way to Jawbone, and added another 20+ miles offroad chasing the kiddos around on dirt bikes (my KX125 is in pieces right now but the 80 is almost as much fun in the dirt). I'm in dire need of some down time to finish off the bodywork but the 80 is in active duty & god forbid I rent a minivan :p

8181370182_d2d032c3f5_b.jpg

8181335031_5dc1d1b2cd_b.jpg

8181370548_2932e7019f_b.jpg

I can see it's not done yet, but I'm really liking that color.

Sorry, they are Falken Rocky Mountain ATS's. They are the same as the Wild Peak's just labeled as the Rocky Mountain's for Discount Tire. I picked them up for $200 each and so far I am really impressed.

Where is the pic of the snowman that necessitated the trip??
The snow was crappy, it was too cold for the snow to stick together at all. We tried, but ended up just jumping throught the pile we had.

Pretty sure he is running the falken wild peaks. I was looking forward to a report on the tires as I'm contemplating them for my next shoes.
The tires are great I would highly recommend them. I have had them in Moab, in the snow, at the sand dunes and on the rocks around here. Never once have I thought "these tires suck" They hook up great and ride really nice on the street. I would purchase another set in a second. I have 1500 miles on them so far and other than some edge burn from smoaking the tires in Moab they look new.

Me and the 80 spent the weekend thankful for our veterans. Thanks for your service! :cheers:

Genuine

"Installed" genuine sheepskins on the seats. These are really keeping my backside cozy on these cold mornings. Just basic skins from some sheep my brother raised. Have these two and one other brown one.
100_6350.jpg
100_6351.jpg
100_6352.jpg

Last edited:
And...

And I buried a beloved family pet on the farm. Lost our 8 year old white boxer to cancer. Took her out there in the 80 and laid her to rest. She loved to ride in the cruiser.
IMG_0141.jpg
100_6338.jpg

Sorry to hear. Losing our four-legged friends is hard. They're always loyal and loving.

Paul

And I buried a beloved family pet on the farm. Lost our 8 year old white boxer to cancer. Took her out there in the 80 and laid her to rest. She loved to ride in the cruiser.

put on my wheel spacers and got my hazard light / cdl switch in the mail yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom