Our New Land Cruiser Saved Our Lives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We've only had our '97 Land Cruiser for about six weeks. We were coming back from a two week vacation/expedition on Friday where we were visiting family and camping along the way (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah), and were about 45 minutes north of Las Vegas on our way back when we blew a tire (rear left) while going around 70-75 mph and ended up rolling 4+ times and landing on the passenger side at least 100 ft from the I-15 freeway. We all walked away from it (though extremely shaken). It was me and my wife, and our six year old son and 2 year old daughter. We ended up going to the hospital for a possible concussion for my son, but everyone checked out fine and all we ended up with was some bruising and a couple stratches.

Its a testament to how solid these vehicles are. Several witnesses and first responders were amazed that we walked away virtually unharmed. The good Lord definitely was looking out for us.
DSC00026.jpg
DSC02778.jpg
DSC02779.jpg

Wow, I'm glad you're all ok! That truck sure took a beating :eek:

Woah, that gives me the chills. Godbless

Quick question, was your 6year old in a booster with a back? If so how did the kids seats holdup to something that violent? Thanks, Justin

Last edited:
Glad you are all safe!

YOW!! glad everyone is ok.

Thank freaking god that you and your family was alright. That is some serious wreck!

I'm going to go check my tire pressure now!

Hmm, the RTT seems to be in good shape :flipoff2:

Kidding, glad you are all ok. Thank the good Toyota engineers!!!

EVERY TIME someone rolls one of these it amazes me how well they hold up! Glad you're ok!

Adam,
I am glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I hope you can find another cruiser soon.

Incredible, wow. It is great to hear everyone is safe - truly amazing as bad as that looks.

Glad you and the family are okay.

What kind of tire is it? Looks like a BF Goodrich? How old were the tires? Were you able to find out the cause of the tire failure?

Glad you and the family made okay.

Any idea on what might have caused the blowout? The tires look like they had plenty of tread. Think you might cut one off road and it finally gave out on the highway?

Damn bro, I read about your roll-over in the thread about our mechanic (SD TRUX) John's roll over. Two from the SD area in one week. I might have to bike to work this week! Both your family and John are very lucky, you were driving Cruisers.... No but seriously I am glad that you guys walked away and didn't injure anyone else in the accidents.

I am glad to hear everyone made it out safely and I hope the kids don't end up being afraid of the cruisers. What made the tire blow?

Wow. Glad everyone made it ok.

Why did you lose control so easily? Were you on a curve? To what extent do you believe the lift and oversized tires played a role? I've wondered about this as I've blown a tire at speed in other vehicles with little drama. Just curious...

Its a testament to how solid these vehicles are. Several witnesses and first responders were amazed that we walked away virtually unharmed. The good Lord definitely was looking out for us.

Amen to that.

Ditto on all the questions above. I'm curious to know more details.

Glad you and your family are ok, i've worked a lot of rollovers and this is why i bought my 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom