Finally got a LC! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I've been on here for a couple years now, was tossing around the idea of an HDJ81 but ended up going with a 3rd gen Hilux Surf instead, seemed to fit my lifestyle and budget better at the time. LOVED my Surf, but I got hit & run by some jerk, t-boned and rolled, and wrote off my truck.

Took the opportunity to upgrade, and found a very clean '91 HDJ81 with 90,000kms, 3X lockers, winch, heated seats, icebox center console, etc to replace it with. Flew to Vancouver and picked up the LC this morning, and dropped it off at ATEB to have the BEB's done, oil change, and tranny fluid swapped. Should get it back again tomorrow, and will make my way back to Winnipeg, MB over the next week, turned it into a bit of a summer vacation with the wife.

Here's a few pics from before I purchased, I have 16x8 wheels with 33" Duratracs waiting to go on at home, riding on these 15" winter tires for the time being. Can't wait to get this thing home and get to work!
P1300375.jpg
P1300377.jpg
P1300380.jpg

And a few more:
P1300429.jpg
P1300443.jpg
P1300454.jpg

omg sooooo nice that thing is clean!!!! i will do anything to have one of those in the US!! if you dont mind me asking how much do one of those cost?

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Was up at 5 yesterday morning central time to catch the flight, so it was an early night last night. Got thinking about the truck and couldn't sleep this morning, so I ended up awake at 5AM again today, pacific time, lol. Can't wait to get this thing back from the shop and put some miles on! I'm not a morning person, just excited!

WOW!!! If that thing isn't badass, I don't know what is. Congrats on the purchase. Sorry to hear about the Surf, it was nice also.

X2 !!!!!!!!!!! WTF. I want one sooooo bad!!! The US sucks for the best Toyota's offered overseas. I'm moving...lol.. Very very nice. Super clean! Factory winch and cooler!!!! I just want to turn the key in my 80 and have it sound like my powerstroke work truck........
The fact that I can't get one of those here makes my day a little more sad. Makes me envious too.

factory dual batteries also?

such a sweet truck... wanna trade :)

This LC is clean. The paint in this condition concludes this truck was garage kept. Very nice find. Sucks that we US people have a 25yr rule.

take good care of her for me... I'll be ready to buy her in a few more years....nice score....

Snapped a couple real quick shots in Stanley Park today, haven't had a chance to wash it off or anything yet. So far, loving it!
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg

Nice dude, shoulda have gone by ATEB today as I was in the area in the morning, oh well!

When are you leaving for home?

We're leaving the Vancouver area Monday, after swinging by the office to meet my boss. Met Lancecruiser at ATEB as well, very nice guy!

IanB said:
We're leaving the Vancouver area Monday, after swinging by the office to meet my boss. Met Lancecruiser at ATEB as well, very nice guy!

Hah yea I've known him for a few years now, great dude!

Uhhh why is the steering wheel on the wrong side of the vehicle? I've been to Canada several times and I've never seen that kind of set up in a vehicle. Did Japan import them with right-side set ups like that (I realize that Japan has the sw on the right-hand side of the car).

betenoire said:
Uhhh why is the steering wheel on the wrong side of the vehicle? I've been to Canada several times and I've never seen that kind of set up in a vehicle. Did Japan import them with right-side set ups like that (I realize that Japan has the sw on the right-hand side of the car).

You have not looked hard enough :p.... Haha jk.

I think it really depends on where in Canada as if it were the lower mainland then you would see RHD's everywhere to an extent.

I don't understand your second part thou, they were built in Japan and not imported into there.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom