What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, it would pre-lube the ball wiper for its first pass. then the grease would be all gone.

looks like bearing grease which generally has little to no moly.

Bought a new camera so I had to put it through its paces.
Landcruiser Wire 7 resize.jpeg

Added a bit more swag with a sticker bomb, an l supported the local Hooters.
20240426_180932.jpg
20240426_181013.jpg
20240425_104923.jpg

Last edited:
If you think his parts were priced good you should find a real dealer to buy from, save you bunch money and you get the parts you bought.

I have 3 Toyota dealers near me 20 minutes in each direction, their part prices are through the roof here in Texas. Even comparing the belt combo kit from Witts to eBay - Witts was half the cost. Witts also had their ecommerce store setup very well, it was super easy to find the most common maintenance items and it included everything. Sucks what happened, I hope someone buys his site atleast so I can have an easy way to find parts instead of going through Toyota's ancient PN system (I say that as someone who worked at Toyota/Lexus as parts distro b2b/b2c).

Putting these in. Got the driver side, one question for anyone with rcv’s. How did you deal with the zerk fitting sticking out that extra 1/8”? The dust cap won’t fit back on.

View attachment 3618429
I didn't have that problem, but I also didn't put the stock dust covers on. I used the Trail Taylor ones (on my 94'). The 95' had the stock dust covers on them.

I didn't have that problem, but I also didn't put the stock dust covers on. I used the Trail Taylor ones (on my 94'). The 95' had the stock dust covers on them.
I used flush zerks

I have 3 Toyota dealers near me 20 minutes in each direction, their part prices are through the roof here in Texas. Even comparing the belt combo kit from Witts to eBay - Witts was half the cost. Witts also had their ecommerce store setup very well, it was super easy to find the most common maintenance items and it included everything. Sucks what happened, I hope someone buys his site atleast so I can have an easy way to find parts instead of going through Toyota's ancient PN system (I say that as someone who worked at Toyota/Lexus as parts distro b2b/b2c).
Everytime I ordered parts from wits end I got them. Last time for me was probably 6 months ago. But buy at your own risk...

Then you need to try Ourisman Toyota.

Find your part numbers using partsouq and either buy from them, or cross to Ourisman.

I have been pulling together parts for the last 4 months prepping for front and rear axle and hub rebuild. I sourced from:
Ourisman Toyota
Partsouq
Cruiser Outfitters
Summit Racing

I have been building a spreadsheet for all the parts for my truck along with any updated part numbers. I group things together so I can find them quickly.
I used to work behind the counter back when books were used to find things.

I made it through the rear axle a couple weeks ago, now I need to schedule time for the front.

My LC rolled up to 357K this past week.

Putting these in. Got the driver side, one question for anyone with rcv’s. How did you deal with the zerk fitting sticking out that extra 1/8”? The dust cap won’t fit back on.

View attachment 3618429
Don't see the year of your rig but you might have the smaller/thinner drive flanges. Might want to upgrade to the latter model ones and you might not have that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom