What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to assume you freaked your dad out with speed rather than difficulty? Those are some beautiful roads you mentioned but not what I would scary by any stretch.
Nope, he was scared at 5mph. I agree, nothing on those roads merits getting worked up about, but he’s a bit of a nervous passenger even during the daytime, in good weather, on tarmac. He’d never seen anything like Arch Canyon, mild as it is there. I love him, but he’s a city slicker / pavement camper and unashamed of it. Thus, this son had a LOT of fun making ol’ Dad uncomfortable. Responsibly, of course. 😂

My mom is the same way. If there is a steep dropoff *somewhere* nearby, she'll start freaking out. Even if there's a guard rail and you're well under the speed limit. My stepdad and I took her to Moab once and ran a few easyish trails... she got out and walked about half the time. :hillbilly:

My mom is the same way. If there is a steep dropoff *somewhere* nearby, she'll start freaking out. Even if there's a guard rail and you're well under the speed limit. My stepdad and I took her to Moab once and ran a few easyish trails... she got out and walked about half the time. :hillbilly:
Keep her off the million dollar highway near Ouray, CO! : )

ARB Back from powder coating. The dude said this paint was more UV resistant. Replaced the air hose. Wrapped it in 3/4" split loom, taped and installed.

air hose.jpg

ARB.jpg

hoses.jpg

finished.jpg

Nope, he was scared at 5mph. I agree, nothing on those roads merits getting worked up about, but he’s a bit of a nervous passenger even during the daytime, in good weather, on tarmac. He’d never seen anything like Arch Canyon, mild as it is there. I love him, but he’s a city slicker / pavement camper and unashamed of it. Thus, this son had a LOT of fun making ol’ Dad uncomfortable. Responsibly, of course. 😂
That's great. I still regret that I didn't get my dad out on a "cruiser trip" with me before he passed last February. So good job including your pop.

Took it to the trailhead for a ride. For anyone interested, coney flats look's to be open for a snow run. I would have thought it would be closed by now.
Thought about going up a bit but decided not to since I was running solo.
View attachment 3469422
View attachment 3469423
Took it to the trailhead for a ride. For anyone interested, coney flats look's to be open for a snow run. I would have thought it would be closed by now.
Thought about going up a bit but decided not to since I was running solo.
View attachment 3469422
View attachment 3469423
We have no snow on the western slope

IMG_5543.jpeg

Tailgate badge cracked in half and fell off. Been at this for 3 hours attempting to remove adhesive. Well well well, guess who read on mud years ago to “just super glue” the remainder of the badge. What a headache.

3M adhesive remover, goo gone, plastic razor, no cigar! Anyone got any tips?

New Toyota badge I’ve had on the shelf for a couple years is ready to be installed but this is looking worse and worse

Last edited:
View attachment 3473104

Tailgate badge cracked in half and fell off. Been at this for 3 hours attempting to remove adhesive. Well well well, guess who read on mud years ago to “just super glue” the remainder of the badge. What a headache.

3M adhesive remover, goo gone, plastic razor, no cigar! Anyone got any tips?

New Toyota badge I’ve had on the shelf for a couple years is ready to be installed but this is looking worse and worse
Steal the Mrs. Hair dryer and see if you can get it more pliable. If you have a heat gun, low setting and keep it moving to not heat up the paint underneath the clear. If you feel like you have a steady hand, a 3M eraser wheel on a dremel also works; use low speed, barley any pressure and don't dwell for long on a spot as you are creating heat and it is basically like a "pencil eraser".

I’m trying to replace this part but I’m not sure what it’s called. Can anyone help me to identify the name and OEM PN#. Highly appreciated :)

069E96A6-0D44-4E12-8A57-300EBC6FFE24.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom