What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I fit great in my 91 BMW E30 with race seats and my 97 M3 with stock vaders. Every now and then I run into cars like my Tacoma that just don't make sense, they should be big enough but somehow i don't have enough leg room and my head almost touches the ceiling
You must hang out on R3V? too.

Let's do a height/weight rollcall real quick

6' 185#

Holler if you hear me
6'5", 215. Sheel Manns, no back seats. Couldn't be happier.

Corbeaus in the truggy are a little tighter, but still comfortable enough for enduro races.

How you like that Cummins?
It’s been great so far. Excellent fuel mileage, torque and easy to work on. If you can get over the vibrations then it’s an awesome little engine. It is absolutely loud and not everyone’s cup of tea. I have put about 3k miles on it since I purchased the vehicle and about 40k since the swap.
I have averaged 18mpg overall and about 23mpg highway. (I live at 5,600ft and drive above 10,000ft often)

Let's do a height/weight rollcall real quick

6' 185#

Holler if you hear me
6’4” 200# I put Corbeau in mine and I am about maxed out with legroom with the seat all the way back.. didn’t want to move the seat bracket further back because I have 2 growing boys that ride with.

Do you mind on elaborating on rebuilding your distributor? Mine has been throwing a code 12 and makes a strange noise on occasion at start up. Thanks

I rebuilt my distributor - included my info starting on post #13 in this thread:

Sorry for the delayed response, but yeah, as the attached (and yall have discussed) thread shows, seal, bearing, and then the obvious, cap, rotor, O-ring, etc.

4Bt or 6? And yeah I'm familiar with the sound. I like it.
It’s been great so far. Excellent fuel mileage, torque and easy to work on. If you can get over the vibrations then it’s an awesome little engine. It is absolutely loud and not everyone’s cup of tea. I have put about 3k miles on it since I purchased the vehicle and about 40k since the swap.
I have averaged 18mpg overall and about 23mpg highway. (I live at 5,600ft and drive above 10,000ft often)

new toyota radiator with all new hardware and cleaned sanded and painted all brackets and support while apart

A8174BE0-8CD1-4352-914A-58F8A3978471.jpeg

A5A5ACAE-B2D0-48FE-A98C-A43743914742.jpeg

I fit great in my 91 BMW E30 with race seats and my 97 M3 with stock vaders. Every now and then I run into cars like my Tacoma that just don't make sense, they should be big enough but somehow i don't have enough leg room and my head almost touches the ceiling

My trucks got 240z buckets. So there's a lot of room

Little late to post, we had our first real snow in Aspen a little over a week ago. Decided to drive up the back side of AJAX and see how much snow is at the top. It was absolutely beautiful and there was probably about a foot of snow at the top. Got to break out the winch and pull a tree out of the way as well. Need to add a saw to the arsenal.

K02s are lame but damn they are very impressive in deep snow.

IMG_7026.jpeg

IMG_6995.jpeg

IMG_7182.jpeg

IMG_7183.jpeg

Off topic question, for the life of me I can’t find the part # for this connector I broke a while back. Going through the fall maintenance list and would like to replace it. Anyone happen to know the part number? It’s the white connector with one wire coming out of the base right below the power steering pump.

IMG_7154.jpeg

Thanks in advanced!

I printed some front speaker spacers for my new speakers and I went to the parts hoard for a new charcoal canister. I’ve had this since 2009 or 2010 to fix a boiling gas issue, but the original passed all the tests so on the shelf it went. The original finally gave up the ghost.
IMG_4708.jpeg

Started the extremely slow process of adding a wind fairing to the rack. I ended up moving the rack rearward an inch or two to slope the fairing to match the windshield. Ordered some black 1/4” abs from TAP plastics. Made some brackets. Temporarily mounted for fitment. Then ran out of weekend time. All I have to do is bolt it up and trim excess. Maybe I’ll finish this year.

View attachment 3015823

View attachment 3015824
I decided to work on the fairing again since it’s been sitting in a corner since may 2022. I think it’s done. Just need to wire the light bar.

IMG_2858.jpeg

The main steps are done.

View attachment 2562974
I have had the rainbow steps mounted into the slider receiver for a while so my kid can climb in. I just added the speaker spacer/handle to assist getting in. I don’t think I need the rope anymore.

IMG_2859.jpeg

And it’s been getting cold at night here so I developed a coolant drip from the lower radiator hose thanks to worm clamps. I drained everything, installed a new water pump, new fan, belts, block drain valve, and Toyota spring clamps. Should fix the drip and the belt squeals I had seem to be cured. The water pump needed to retire.

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2854.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

Last edited:
Hadn't done a thing on my truck all summer until this weekend. Did an oil change, so figured I should clean up the level sensor & connector since I had the gasket laying around. We'll see if it fixes the incorrectly intermittent oil light that started happening a few months ago. Front brake pads and hoses later.

Most of this weekend is replacing my dad's tundra front suspension, and girlfriend's 4runner axles.

IMG_9854.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom