What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last weekend I fixed a floppy mirror post
IMG_0780.jpeg

This weekend trying a more permanent shaky mirror fix from solve function (@Outsane) - thanks by the way! Looks like my bottom bracket on the mirror itself is bust so have to think around that..

IMG_7470.jpeg

Has anyone tried this from carports.com - 70 bucks delivered - it feels okay - looks have decent as a replacement maybe…..?

Also - servicing (replacing) my rear swing out bumper bearings from slee - they got nasty

IMG_7477.jpeg

Other than foul language - any tips how to get the housing race out of the slee rear bumper housing - this thing below I’m pointing at - 2 of them stuck hard in the swing out -have got one nearly (1/2cm movement) out with hammer and end of screwdriver but wondering if bearing puller would work here….

IMG_7475.jpeg

Have you tried heat?
Not yet - I did see a YouTube with someone using a welder - don’t have one…..
Would one of these work in place to get it hot ‘enough’?
Am also looking for way to caramelize crème brûlées in future so.,….. ;)
Thanks

IMG_0783.jpeg

Last weekend I fixed a floppy mirror post
View attachment 3411429

This weekend trying a more permanent shaky mirror fix from solve function (@Outsane) - thanks by the way! Looks like my bottom bracket on the mirror itself is bust so have to think around that..

View attachment 3411430
Has anyone tried this from carports.com - 70 bucks delivered - it feels okay - looks have decent as a replacement maybe…..?

Also - servicing (replacing) my rear swing out bumper bearings from slee - they got nasty

View attachment 3411431

Other than foul language - any tips how to get the housing race out of the slee rear bumper housing - this thing below I’m pointing at - 2 of them stuck hard in the swing out -have got one nearly (1/2cm movement) out with hammer and end of screwdriver but wondering if bearing puller would work here….

View attachment 3411433
As @scottryana said, go for some heat if it won't destroy the paint/finish...the torch you show should be fine, but you need to heat the part that the race sits in, not the race itself or it'll just expand and get tighter. Also, use a proper brass drift or steel punch and a bigger hammer...most likely your screwdriver is absorbing too much of your hammer stroke power in the handle.

did you buff your rear axle too? 😜👍
Haha! Pretty much. Last 2 months it’s been up on jack stands. I tore out the OME setup and put together a Frankenstein suspension. All new shocks, springs, control arms, bushings, bolts, etc. In the process I decided to wash, scrub, and degrease the underside and repaint the axles and chassis.

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

IMG_3662.jpeg

IMG_3657.jpeg

IMG_3666.jpeg

Also for those that haven’t tried the Speedi bleed brake bleed system, I can’t recommend it enough. You just put the cap on the reservoir, fill the bottle with fluid, attach the air line to your tire (yes, it uses your own tire for air pressure), dial the regulator up to 12-15psi, and the go around and crack your bleed points. I did have to put together a bottle catch with some odds and ends, but man this made bleeding so easy.

IMG_3670.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3672.jpeg

Haha! Pretty much. Last 2 months it’s been up on jack stands. I tore out the OME setup and put together a Frankenstein suspension. All new shocks, springs, control arms, bushings, bolts, etc. In the process I decided to wash, scrub, and degrease the underside and repaint the axles and chassis.

View attachment 3411799

View attachment 3411804

View attachment 3411807

View attachment 3411808

View attachment 3411810
Looks awesome! How do you like those IMS shocks? I have the twin tube (yellow shocks) and always wonder if there's a big difference between the 2 sets.

Looks awesome! How do you like those IMS shocks? I have the twin tube (yellow shocks) and always wonder if there's a big difference between the 2 sets.
I’m liking them quite a bit so far. Virtually identical to the MRR shocks I installed on my last 80, which were fantastic but definitely overkill as I really didn’t need the remote reservoirs. At the time though they only had two options (and a big price difference) and nobody knew a lot about them. So I took a chance and loved them. This time I was pretty excited to see an essentially non-res MRR so I went that route and am quite pleased.

In comparison to their yellow shocks I can’t really say as I’ve never tried them. But if they’re anything like OME nitro chargers than they are hands down better. I’ve always found the OME systems to be a little firm for my taste, whereas the Dobs just seem to soak everything up so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom