What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Played in the mud, then washed it.

Attachment.jpeg

Attachment.jpeg

IMG_6553.jpeg

Would you happen to have any pics of your SCS removed? How does the 1/8 hub bore you did look in respect to the lug post holes?
Only pics I have are these, everything lines up as it should. Only thing I might do is paint the lip where it was machined next time I have wheels off.

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6228.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6556.jpeg

Those wheels look really good. I assume you machine all 4 wheels? What type of shop did the machine work for you?
Thanks, yep machined all five of them. They are a custom wheel shop in Denver. I took my old spare up there so they could measure if needed but SCS sent photos and just said to machine out 1/8th an inch. When I dropped mine off there were 5 other SCS wheels in a box having the same thing done, so must not be that uncommon.

IMG_6558.jpeg

I'm getting ready to head out on a roadtrip/fly fishing excursion to Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado - so I've had a lot of work done to my 80. A lighting upgrade was among the things that were done. These are BI-LED Projectors in Depo housings.

I'm getting ready to head out on a roadtrip/fly fishing excursion to Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado - so I've had a lot of work done to my 80. A lighting upgrade was among the things that were done. These are BI-LED Projectors in Depo housings.

Where did you find those?

After one very early flight from LAX to SMC this am, I just got back home having picked up the 80 at Valley Hybrids.

It was awesome to meet Georg aka @orangefj45 (shop owner). It's clear as mud that he's a true Land Cruiser enthusiast + expert. Let's continue to show love and support for businesses like his as we can't ever have too many!

IMG_2392.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a great time going up Peal Pass on the Ashcroft side until we couldn’t go any further. Felt like a hero plowing through some pretty decent sized drifts, being the farthest tracks by a pretty decent margin. Then we met our match. Luckily she came out pretty easy. After that we headed back down and had a nice night camping. Crazy how much snow is still in the high country we were still pretty far away from hitting tree line. It’ll be interesting to see if Pearl fully opens this year or not.
I'm betting there is little to no chance to get to the top of the south side this year. Maybe a week in early September if that.

After one very early flight from LAX to SMC this am, I just got back home having picked up the 80 at Valley Hybrids.

It was awesome to meet Georg aka @orangefj45 (shop owner). It's clear as mud that he's a true Land Cruiser enthusiast + expert. Let's continue to show love and support for businesses like his as we can't ever have too many!

View attachment 3346012
He certainly is! He did the pre purchase on my 80 I bought in 2019.
He made the purchase so easy and gave peace of mind in the purchase🍻

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom