What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! SCS whlz look killer! And your using them not just for Boba runs. I'm a fan of going the extra step to run wheels that you don't see everyone else rocking!
I was a fan of the OE Plus look of the FJC wheels. I've always admired your rig. You have good taste!
Appreciate that! Yea I liked the FJC wheels just didn’t want to run spacers. Took a chance on getting the wheels machined, but totally worth it IMHO. 👍

I'm getting ready to head out on a roadtrip/fly fishing excursion to Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado - so I've had a lot of work done to my 80. A lighting upgrade was among the things that were done. These are BI-LED Projectors in Depo housings.

These look really good. How’s the light output?

Got a quick bike ride in before heading up to GSMTR

1686499199868.png

Explored E BFE Tennessee. Saw 293 on the scanguage 😬

Pulled over and found a split heater line. Thankful I hoard random parts and had a spare hose substitute on board.

Continued on for another couple days and made the ultimate goal of the family reunion.

Cut to length had a slight kink so I ran a slack loop to get me home.

IMG_1186.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

Explored E BFE Tennessee. Saw 293 on the scanguage 😬

Pulled over and found a split heater line. Thankful I hoard random parts and had a spare hose substitute on board.

Continued on for another couple days and made the ultimate goal of the family reunion.

Cut to length had a slight kink so I ran a slack loop to get me home.

View attachment 3346824

View attachment 3346825

View attachment 3346826

View attachment 3346827

View attachment 3346828

Sounds like a disaster avoided. I think your headgasket will be fine.

Sounds like a disaster avoided. I think your headgasket will be fine.
My thoughts exactly. Close to disaster 5 hours from home. Was worried for a bit till I found the culprit and swapped the hose.

Had been hawking gauge on highway in the mtns but slacked off in the woods. Stopped to top off fuel and heard the overflow trumpeting. Poor res was swollen up to point of touching the wiper res.

Thankfully think I dodged a bullet. 293 is no joke.

Did a few minor refreshes and upgrades today
I swapped out all the worn old buttons on the HVAC, temp installed the overhead panel I’ll have to search for the backlight connectors to the alt/compass gauge and figure out where the front mount screws go when the head liner is down. Replaced the old visors with some crisp ones from a LX450. Fixed my rear passenger window down issue (after replacing all motors/actuators. I also swapped in some OEM rear hatch struts because the old ones were giving out.

CD20937A-DDFB-4081-9949-FA6CFF0105EA.png

E0BDFDD8-0AE2-42E1-9D86-F272617D68DB.png

4DA61428-4CFF-414E-A3E5-640B718AA93B.jpeg

HVAC before
A75F7E2F-FF1A-4A0D-B56E-BFB16CB3F1AE.jpeg

HVAC after
931ADC91-301D-4E94-B6FB-438972AA0FB9.jpeg

Did a few minor refreshes and upgrades today
I swapped out all the worn old buttons on the HVAC, temp installed the overhead panel I’ll have to search for the backlight connectors to the alt/compass gauge and figure out where the front mount screws go when the head liner is down. Replaced the old visors with some crisp ones from a LX450. Fixed my rear passenger window down issue (after replacing all motors/actuators. I also swapped in some OEM rear hatch struts because the old ones were giving out.
I LOVE these wheels man I’ve wanted a set since I’ve had my Tacoma
Thanks!

Where did you find the HVAC buttons and visors?

Getting started with cleaning up my electrical. I've had a simple Blue Sea fuse block for years but never had a good solution for the relays. So I'm swapping it out to a Concours Specialties relay/fuse block. Has 6 fused relays and 6 fused outputs in a tiny package. Also will be running a quad SMD distribution block (ANL fuses). Plan is to move everything from the battery to this block including the fusible link (except for winch and main cable).

52969830179_36b447414e_h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom