What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (80 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I got a code 25, 41, and 52 after the first start of a rebuild. Time to start trouble shooting. Looks like o2 sensors are getting replaced and possible a knock sensor. Tomorrow will dig into it.

So I got a code 25, 41, and 52 after the first start of a rebuild. Time to start trouble shooting. Looks like o2 sensors are getting replaced and possible a knock sensor. Tomorrow will dig into it.
Head gasket....

Took the 80 up to the permit-only Ka'ena Point Tracking Station access road to hike the Kuaokala Trail with the pups.

Although there is an advanced offroad track up at the top, we'll stay in the hiking parking lot until I upgrade the suspension/tires/brakes. Even still, we were still able to get a good look at what to expect in the near future! This picture was taken following our hike after exiting the access road. Ka'ena Point is in the background.
IMG_0900.jpg

The drive down from the tracking station.
IMG_0896.jpg

View from Kuaokala Ridge. You can see the access road gate entrance (where I took the first picture in the post) down by the shore.
IMG_0894.jpg

How deep is the solution level inside the tank? The battery charger clamp looks to be pretty low on one of the ports on the side.
i filled it up until it started to run out the lowest point. maybe 22 gallons is my guess.

Got a few things for the dual battery install. I was going to run a Optima SC34DM but going to switch it up to a deep cycle 27 with dual posts. Main reasons for the change the 27 fits better and has a longer reserve capacity.

Only things I am waiting on are the custom ground straps and the positive wires.

Also, having a mount for the Blue Sea ML-ACR and the circuit breaker custom made.

Blue Sea.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me! Nothing some new pistons and rings won’t fix! What’s the plan?
Wasn't wanting to get that deep into it. I was hoping to get the head rebuilt and replace the head gasket.

I already have LS swap engine mounts, headers, and some accessories in-hand. I don't have the trans case adapter. I was going to buy an LS and take my time rebuilding it, but this may push my hand.

Mocked up my new exhaust using a 105 series header to tuck it inside the frame rails

Got a few things for the dual battery install. I was going to run a Optima SC34DM but going to switch it up to a deep cycle 27 with dual posts. Main reasons for the change the 27 fits better and has a longer reserve capacity.

Only things I am waiting on are the custom ground straps and the positive wires.

Also, having a mount for the Blue Sea ML-ACR and the circuit breaker.

View attachment 3240786
Delta makes a nice mount for these.

I missed the moment. 😔
20230204_115655.jpg

Installed my HuricanFab tailgate storage lid...love it! I know that it's best to keep recovery gear close at hand when on the trial, but nice to have on board and not in the way for general storage. I was going to keep the center supports, but the instructions say to cut them out...plenty strong without the supports and a very well built kit down to the latches and laser cut template and carpet kit. Worth every penny in my opinion since I don't have a lot of extra time for custom fab work, but appreciate high quality custom made items.

Installed my HuricanFab tailgate storage lid...love it! I know that it's best to keep recovery gear close at hand when on the trial, but nice to have on board and not in the way for general storage. I was going to keep the center supports, but the instructions say to cut them out...plenty strong without the supports and a very well built kit down to the latches and laser cut template and carpet kit. Worth every penny in my opinion since I don't have a lot of extra time for custom fab work, but appreciate high quality custom made items.

This looks great! So cutting the supports out, is it still strong enough to use as tailgate and support weight of 1-2 people?

Didn't do anything with mine this past weekend but did get out to the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum while I was in town. Very cool place to visit with some awesome trucks. Picked up some swag too of course.

IMG_1059.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom