What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fresh u joints, balance and paint.

image.jpg

Re-attached transfer case control arm (couldn't engage 4 low last trip!) and re-attached the winch i serviced.
Hopefully it will work once i re-attached cables.

Any ideas on how to wind the cables properly besides dragging my wife's car along the pavement ?

Any ideas on how to wind the cables properly besides dragging my wife's car along the pavement ?

Find a spot on a hill and drag your own rig up

Wait, wut?
Ya, if it's steel use a welding glove to avoid getting pricked. You can grab it with a glove and position your hand so the pulling force pulls the glove against your body and lean back a bit.

Or if you got some dirty garage clothes, you can kind of wrap it around your butt and lean back against it putting more tension. Synthetic is better for this, or CarHart pants and coveralls and a steel cable that isn't too rough you can lean on it and clamp the cable in one hand with a leather glove on.

There is obvious safety issues with this for some people, clearly you don't want to be close to the winch in case it catches and be able to have lots of time to let go of the button

You tend to unwind a fair bit of cable when you need it next anyways, so if the last 15-25' of cable aren't spooled too tight its not really an issue so much anyways as its coming off to winch next generally.

Sorry if this was obvious.

Ya, if it's steel use a welding glove to avoid getting pricked. You can grab it with a glove and position your hand so the pulling force pulls the glove against your body and lean back a bit.

Or if you got some dirty garage clothes, you can kind of wrap it around your butt and lean back against it putting more tension. Synthetic is better for this, or CarHart pants and coveralls and a steel cable that isn't too rough you can lean on it and clamp the cable in one hand with a leather glove on.

There is obvious safety issues with this for some people, clearly you don't want to be close to the winch in case it catches and be able to have lots of time to let go of the button

You tend to unwind a fair bit of cable when you need it next anyways, so if the last 15-25' of cable aren't spooled too tight its not really an issue so much anyways as its coming off to winch next anyways.

Sorry if this was obvoius.

Well the previous owner lost both the remote control and the original cut out relay box (or destroyed them in some way or another).
The winch is connected directly to the radio antenna buttons.

Not sure exactly who has wronged me enough to put him on that task .... (well maybe the previous owner of the rig ....)

I will just drag my wife's car around (its a Jeep Liberty! Kind of had it coming ....)

Or if you got some dirty garage clothes, you can kind of wrap it around your butt and lean back against it putting more tension. Synthetic is better for this, or CarHart pants and coveralls and a steel cable that isn't too rough you can whip her with it and clamp the shaft in one hand with a leather glove on.

There is obvious safety issues with this for some people, clearly you don't want to be close to the wench in case she catches and be able to have lots of time to let go of her bottom

You tend to unwind a fair bit when you need it next anyways, so if the last 15-25 wenches aren't too tight its not really an issue so much anyways as its coming off to the next wench generally.

Sorry if this was obvious.
FIFY
If she's a dirty girl, I can apply MOST of what you're saying. I had to re-read the above multiple time to make sense of it.

Only those of us who practice dark arts .....
I practiced the dark art of swearing at it while spilling my garage soda all over the floor when adjusting the shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom