What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right on. I just ordered one and will wait for

18 pesos a liter at Costco in Vallarta, Mex. :beer:
$6.15/gal here in Nova Scotia

🤮

Was $7.82 a few weeks ago 😳

Gas is irrelevant since COVID. My commute involves a 15 second walk down stairs. Vehicles in this household are getting maybe 20% of the mileage on them a year compared to 2019. I guess hat means gas can be 5x as expensive now before I'm allowed to complain?

Gas is irrelevant since COVID. My commute involves a 15 second walk down stairs. Vehicles in this household are getting maybe 20% of the mileage on them a year compared to 2019. I guess hat means gas can be 5x as expensive now before I'm allowed to complain?
No, that is not American. Keep on complaining my friend. And remember it's always the current presidents fault 🤣

No, that is not American. Keep on complaining my friend. And remember it's always the current presidents fault 🤣
That would work if I was American ;)

Continue to work on V2.0.

Currently getting the best fit. I did something again today that 80 owners don’t like to do.

But hey, it’s for the betterment of the herd😬

698EC604-7B82-4561-B641-2688E3CC19BA.jpeg

A1E694CD-0714-458A-8472-286A7142BA9A.jpeg

DAF16C94-AF5C-486A-A191-B586E7F7DB1B.jpeg

Down

C4FFE57E-6F45-4EB0-AA43-30381FDC39D1.jpeg

Up

4905CBEF-1109-4839-B76D-8E86C0954883.jpeg

Last edited:

With a 50 mile a day commute it's very relevant to me lol

I drive for a living and see such variances in gas prices here in the Phoenix metro area. The prices vary from 3.49 to 4.49 for 87 and seeing such variance is astonishing.

At the height of fuel prices in CA the Walmart Fuel Strategy team was telling me we could sell fuel in CA about $2.00/ gallon cheaper than the average street price and still be profitable. I have a feeling a lot of what we're seeing is profiteering.

I saw the same disparity you're mentioning above in Chicago over the summer. Gas stations maybe a mile apart on the same road with Regular about a buck a gallon different.

I buy wd40 by the gallon, and use a spray bottle to thoroughly mist the whole underside of my truck a few times a year after a good washing.

Great for salt and surface oxidation!

Last edited:
My new to me 80 was delivered from Oregon to Ohio thanksgiving morning, loving it so far.

First things I did were take off the cracked hood bug visor thing it came with and replaced the beat up front bumper with a better condition, but still pretty used, OEM front bumper I picked up for $100.

Threw some 17x9 MT classic III’s and a set of 285 Wildpeaks on it a few days later. Got an alignment shortly after that and today I finally got some time to look it over really well.

Found my trans kickdown cable was super loose and just kind of dangling from the bracket, there was probably 2” of play between the inner and outer nuts that are supposed to straddle the bracket. I adjusted it to spec and tightened down the nuts so it’s now secure. Might take another couple swings at tweaking the slack but seems to be in a good place after initial adjustment and I’m happy with it for now.

I knew it was coming to me throwing a 401 code so I also took a few minutes installed the HuddExpo EGR plug kit I bought for it when it was in transit, since we don’t have smog where I live (Score!).

Both the kick down cable and EGR plug were super simple to install/adjust. Shifts are a bit crispier now and downshifts behave much more as expected when I give it some gas. No 401 CEL after the EGR plug, overall couldn’t be happier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom