What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added keyless entry. No more jiggling the key in the lock praying it'll open. Best mod to date? Maybe!

Used this thread:

Nothing like a Wits End box to Brighten your day :flipoff2:

Next

Pulling and inspecting CATs

New modulator, bottom tube cracked blew exhaust up and melter the base. I thought I had an exhaust leak from my 1fz refresh a couple months ago :hillbilly:

It's my fault, I split the bottom vac hose while removing during 1fz tear down and forgot, also didn't write it down on my motor assembly parts list.

Gotta get to the break Booster and master installed. Went Aisin master and Seiken Booster.

PXL_20221018_024538102.jpg

PXL_20221007_032319315.jpg

PXL_20221007_033452787.jpg

Last edited:
Looks super nice, that slee

Looks super nice!

The drawer fridge and sleeping platform is exactly what I have been thinking about.

Is that the 30qt dometic drawer fridge?
Yes it is. My rig came with a nice ARB 50qt but I needed a flat surface to sleep two. The Dometic drawer fridge was key.

Remember those are right hand drive vehicles, I don't think you can get the Crown booster in a US spec rig due to the intake manifold.
Lexus LS GS 00-04 has a same brake booster

Looking great.
Will you share the autocad files?
I had the same idea, but don't know how to copy the panels to a drawing program.

I can sell it to the community for $50 or give it away for free for help in buying and sending me an accuair e-level controller

Finished up my winch install...thanks again to @GGM for the mount plate which worked perfectly for me! Didn't think that I'd have time to finish up this weekend after my sorry looking painting attempt, but found a local powdercoater that hooked me up with same day service. Anyone in the Annapolis/Baltimore area, check out @pasadenapowercoating for great service...he can handle bumpers, wheels, bike frames, etc.

This weekend I ordered a new security system, found out my windshield wiper bracket was broken, and noticed I am getting some noise out of the pulleys of my front end. The kid drove it into a lake and got it stuck so new discoveries daily.

Giving my LC a good wash this weekend and noticed this...tell me it's not horrible?? I have almost no rust on my LC but this is concerning and I'm not even sure what it is.

View attachment 3142969

View attachment 3142970
Mine has the same issue. Welding in a new piece of 12ga with a nut is the way. This design for a critical life safety device is awful.

Fishing after our first dusting of the season.

20221024_102911.jpg
20221024_103310.jpg
20221024_094457.jpg
20221024_094727.jpg
20221024_095521.jpg

I am selling a motor I was going to rebuild for me but a gentleman reached out and it worked out so I rebuilt it to his spec. I am in the process of getting a good side hustle going with selling 1fz-fe’s but they are hard to come by. Also selling 80’s after I get a above average baseline and refresh. It will take time as I have a full time job and wife and kids.
That's great. Re-building and selling 1FZ's is one hell of a side hustle so props to you. May be a customer when the times comes for me to replace my engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom