What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Guys, forgive me if this is a duplicate post. I tried to post earlier and I didn’t see it and think it glitched.

I’m trying to determine a fair market price to sell this one. I enjoy rescuing LCs when I find them and giving them so TLC, repairs, enjoy a little and then help find them a new home.

I’m no mechanic but I know one that helps me out and does what I can’t do. Please let me know your thoughts, questions, etc.

Appreciate you all in advance!

Posted on Craigslist
Honestly you will not find a straight answer on this forum.

Some will say they will never pay more than $6,000.00 for any 80 series.

Some will say it's a 91 with 3fe so only worth $2,000.00

Some will say if it is a clean rust free rig than it's worth $7,000.00

IMO, $15,000.00 is at least double the real fair market value for a 91.

But at the end of the day the rig is worth whatever somebody will pay for it.

If your not in a hurry to sale than keep it posted at $15,000.00 OBO and after a few months you will know the true market value for the rig.

Goodluck

Hi Guys, forgive me if this is a duplicate post. I tried to post earlier and I didn’t see it and think it glitched.
It posted and both have been deleted as this isn't classifieds

Found a rattle can paint that is a close match to the OE wheel paint used on the D holes of CE and 40th wheels.

Duplicolor BTY1619 Magnetic Gray Metallic (1G3)​

In the picture below the wheel
  • on left is the Dupli-Color painted wheel
  • on right is an original wheel from my '97 CE
The original wheels look a little lighter in some lighting and closer to a match in other light. I assume the OG wheels have faded from UV exposure and abrasion of the surface (more reflective?) but the new paint also seems a touch darker than original. For spot repairs this paint seems like a good option and worked well for my 5th/spare wheel that came from a junkyard 40th in pretty ruff shape.

I'll have all 5 wheels restored if/when the rest of the truck is cleaned up cosmetically but for now the wheels are plenty nice for the patchy paint work :)

ce wheel paint.jpg

ce wheel paint 2.jpg

Last edited:
Never expected a CA smog to be easier than what this CO smog situation sounds like. Jesus..
Just do the easy thing --
Move to Wyoming. The operative slogan in WY is "Sure, why not?"

Just do the easy thing --
Move to Wyoming. The operative slogan in WY is "Sure, why not?"
That's cool, until you put "My Sister" in front of that.

Please grab that wad of pocket lint :eek:
It’s blue shop towel that was cleaned up promptly after wiping off excessive oil. All the passageways get blown out don’t worry. Who has pocket lint anyways?

@Romer i wasn’t looking for classifieds, I was looking for feedback.
It was reported twice and another mod deleted it. I posted so you would know why. You posted a link to an ad for a truck you are selling. Even feedback would be more appropriate in Classifieds

Converted LX450 corner lens' to fit into a 4 globe style corner housing. still some finishing touches but happy with outcome

312151747_1484221295415529_2771162112686342418_n.jpg

308340556_512731830407301_155853216017363963_n.jpg

DEPO lights suck but a lens is a lens. their housing is garbage but they cant really **** up clear plastic and a reflector.

312452380_3234079983524711_1529184668335972968_n.jpg

312400729_412672410883988_7348403095861272928_n.jpg

Relocated the vsv. I have been chasing a p0401
Code and the truck was running prefect when cold but after it warmed up the idle was rough so after lots of trouble shooting and luckily having another vsv around I left the old one in place and routed the new one out from under the intake and a couple super strength zip ties to hold in place. Drove 60 miles today and no check engine light but my scan tool still shows egr as the only system not ready. Tomorrow I’ll follow the FSM readiness procedure and see if I can get it to readiness status. I already passed DEQ but I want all the systems working.

BFB4011E-BFED-402E-BF35-3C8A084F02A1.jpeg

4FD74228-69AF-4E2E-9584-043962028307.jpeg

Relocated the vsv. I have been chasing a p0401
Code and the truck was running prefect when cold but after it warmed up the idle was rough so after lots of trouble shooting and luckily having another vsv around I left the old one in place and routed the new one out from under the intake and a couple super strength zip ties to hold in place. Drove 60 miles today and no check engine light but my scan tool still shows egr as the only system not ready. Tomorrow I’ll follow the FSM readiness procedure and see if I can get it to readiness status. I already passed DEQ but I want all the systems working.

View attachment 3146849

View attachment 3146850
Without removing the manifold? I still need to deal with this…

Denied AGAIN by the shiat show emissions in Colorado without even given a chance to get a test. I was told by an emissions tech last year, at this same air care Colorado station, to get the front lockouts to run the 80 on one of three RWD testing stations when I showed up with temp 31's installed on the 80 with a 3+ lift to pass emissions on the joke of someones brilliant idea to run an AWD emissions testing station that only allows 34's and under in a fawking state that has the highest concentration of 14'ers in the lower 48....

On goes the front lockouts as suggested, Already had the CDL switch, Then comes 2023, 1 hour plus trip to the same station and spewed out as much exhaust pollution as I have all year combined in my Cruiser since I don't drive it much only to be told my 80 is not allowed on a RWD testing machine.... I was given a form to fill out and a phone number to then now be told my VIN doesn't allow RWD testing even though it has a Toyota factory lockouts and CDL switch installed by a professional mechanic. No exceptions, no common sense or reasoning involved, not even an inspection or a verification of my VIN. Just a sold nope.

WTF do you have a RWD test station installed when you cant even use the damn thing. WTF is it for then? For cars made with no damn front wheels? Check bay 1 when you go get your emissions tested again and see if it is EVER in use. Your tax money put to good use once again.... Guess it was put in for some damn unicorn car made in China just in case....

I bought this thing 3 years after it was built with low mileage in 2000, drove it within months to Christo's home in Lakewood when he was working out of his garage @sleeoffroad to drive what I think became either the shortbus or schoolbus and loved it so much I immediately put on 35's and one of his first gen lifts. I have put on over 100K miles since that day on my Cruiser with absolutely zero issues EVER getting an emissions test passed over 15 years and some asshat shows up in the capital and decides to implement a shiat show of a joke emissions test now required by law just to be able to drive my vehicle on roads I have help pay to build for over 50 years.

About to drop about 50 F bombs on what this state has become..... What a bunch of nonsense.
Try a different station. Maybe lay off the Red Bull. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom