What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed front Ujoints again, hoping for some vibrations to go away.

While under there, checked this out. No in/out play, but the last bit of turn in each direction feels a bit notchy, you can kinda see it in the video below. Feels almost like a bad bearing, but it's smooth at first, so I'm kinda thinking that maybe it's each of the different gearing backlashes between here and the wheels closing up.

Am I wrong? Is this a sign I need to pull the third out and look? Thoughts? I probably should have lifted the front and spun the wheels by the pinion, but I'll try that tomorrow.

As long as the oil is clean you're fine. You're just feeling all the components in the front axle

Finished installing this s***tybuilt winch. Hooked up the control box, power and ground to the battery, and got her spooled up.
20210307_171853.jpg

20210307_175223.jpg

I have somehow managed to lose a bunch of shackles and I only have this one old crusty shackle. Now I need to buy two new large shackles, two soft shackles, and a pulley/block and tackle for the synthetic line.

Any recommendations for buying recovery gear on a budget?

I also started down the rabbit hole of upgrading my 4 old IPF 900 lights.

20210307_193253.jpg

I got one of them upgraded with the new led bulb.

Before:
20210307_201357.jpg

After:

20210307_201414.jpg

Pictures never do justice, but these led bulbs definitley put out more light compared to the old halogen H9 bulbs.

Finished installing this s***tybuilt winch. Hooked up the control box, power and ground to the battery, and got her spooled up.
View attachment 2606785
View attachment 2606784

I have somehow managed to lose a bunch of shackles and I only have this one old crusty shackle. Now I need to buy two new large shackles, two soft shackles, and a pulley/block and tackle for the synthetic line.

View attachment 2606783

Before:
View attachment 2606787

After:

View attachment 2606786

Pictures never do justice, but these led bulbs definitley put out more light compared to the old halogen H9 bulbs.
Man! You've been on it these past few weeks. Project after project. Good deal 👍🏽

Man! You've been on it these past few weeks. Project after project. Good deal 👍🏽
Haha, thats what happens when your single. Next weekend I should be able to take her out for some fun.

Checked the torque on all shocks, wheel spacers, knuckle nuts, driveshafts, caliper bolts, and anything else I replaced during COVID last year. Used a new Gearwrench digital torque wrench. It’s weird not feeling the click like my old one. 🤷‍♂️
Also bolted down the rear drawers in preparation for Anza Borrego this coming weekend.
Also took flange and shaft angle measurements to update my vibration thread.
8B78CF0E-D7BE-4A4C-9F0B-2877AE8D5120.jpeg
DF9B25A6-3970-49C2-8A71-3C8198157CB4.jpeg
B7CB3D95-4EA7-4E23-8531-33417BC4E19A.jpeg

View attachment 2606785
View attachment 2606784

View attachment 2606783

Before:
View attachment 2606787

After:

View attachment 2606786

I have the same winch . Go ahead and get a replacement switch for the
View attachment 2606785
View attachment 2606784

View attachment 2606783

Before:
View attachment 2606787

After:

View attachment 2606786

You'll definitely want to get a waterproof switch for the wireless control.
I got my tax returns and made a poor finnancial decision.

View attachment 2605361

Than I stopped at the hardware store for some 10.9 bolts for the front bumper now that I have a winch. While I was there I got lucky and scored some .308, deer and elk season are quickly approaching.

I also had an assortment of some high quality ty-raps delivered to replenish my stock.

View attachment 2605362

Next I installed the element fire extinguisher, removed my bumper, gave it a fresh coat of rattle can, and got the new winch bolted up.

View attachment 2605365
View attachment 2605366
View attachment 2605364

Hopefully tomorrow I can install the control box, hook up the wires, install the rope, and start packing for a camping trip next weekend...
Definitely get a waterproof switch for the wireless control. Mine had failed within a year. Waterproof winch with a non-waterproof switch go figure.

Definitely get a waterproof switch for the wireless control. Mine had failed within a year. Waterproof winch with a non-waterproof switch go figure.
Got a link or any suggestions for a waterproof controller.

Living in the desert southwest I hope it won't be an issue. I shouldn't be fording any big rivers or swaps. Just nasty grease clay mud, snow, and sand. Plus with the controller being wireless I can just leave it in the cab.

Got a link or any suggestions for a waterproof controller.

Living in the desert southwest I hope it won't be an issue. I shouldn't be fording any big rivers or swaps. Just nasty grease clay mud, snow, and sand. Plus with the controller being wireless I can just leave it in the cab.
I clearly suck at linking conversations. The winch controller is good. It's just a little switch on the outside. A little $5 one at the parts store works just fine. As long as it's waterproof. May have to make a bigger hole for a new switch

This was a nice weekend with pleasant weather, so I rewired the aftermarket radio (poorly crimped butt connectors were causing intermittent issues) and did some mild interior cleaning, mostly removing the last traces of the sunroof leak. Other than that, just burned plenty of gas around the lake

Checked my oil while waiting for my GF to finish shopping :)rolleyes:). Had to just sit and admire the engine bay for a bit. Forever grateful for the PO being completely OCD! 1997 40th AE with 181k miles...spent the last 16 years in BUFFALO NY.
LC Engine Bay.jpg

I clearly suck at linking conversations. The winch controller is good. It's just a little switch on the outside. A little $5 one at the parts store works just fine. As long as it's waterproof. May have to make a bigger hole for a new switch.

Oh okay, good to know. I was going to try and find a cover for it for that very reason.

Fixed the seats (again)
I had fixed the driver seat, but when I tightened the nut on the helical, I wasn't holding the adjustment rod. Crackle went my new gear. So I ordered 4 more from Gaminviti and did both pass and driver today. Crazy to have moving seats again.
Oh ya, and a new driver seatbelt from Mr.T

20210308_151606.jpg
20210308_152620.jpg
20210308_152653.jpg

16152353455734536706233740314698.jpg

Fixed the seats (again)
I had fixed the driver seat, but when I tightened the nut on the helical, I wasn't holding the adjustment rod. Crackle went my new gear. So I ordered 4 more from Gaminviti and did both pass and driver today. Crazy to have moving seats again.
Oh ya, and a new driver seatbelt from Mr.T

View attachment 2607581View attachment 2607590View attachment 2607591
View attachment 2607592

How many "bananas" is the seatbelt install? Might need to do this soon.

A few days ago @Outsane sent me a picture of his engine bay and I noticed the nipple guard he has around the nipple of his radiator.

I remember someone breaking mine yrs ago, and when recently installing the SC, we made sure to be careful in that area.

So I purchased one from him, and didn't even have to paint it 😋

Oh, and he gave me a military discount 🤯

20210308_165154_HDR.jpg
20210308_165117.jpg
20210308_165133_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom