What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I’ve decided to attempt to use the space on the passenger Quarter Panel. I want to mount a 8” sub as well as some switches and my Dual ARB compressor. I’m going to attempt to build this out of Fiberglass.

Let’s see if this works. Not promising anything. It could be a disaster.

BF22426C-39C5-437A-9ACF-3F85EB869F14.jpeg

Give yourself a little room between your fiberglass sub enclosure and the sheetmetal. My first one didn't have quite enough room and it had a buzz.

So I’ve decided to attempt to use the space on the passenger Quarter Panel. I want to mount a 8” sub as well as some switches and my Dual ARB compressor. I’m going to attempt to build this out of Fiberglass.

Let’s see if this works. Not promising anything. It could be a disaster.

View attachment 2440781

Put the front swaybar back on after taking off a month or two ago in search of a front-end clunk. I didn't notice much difference in handling when I took it off, but noticed a pretty big difference when I put it back on. A front bumper was added in the interim, as were new links, so that might have something to do with it.

Clunk was not related to the sway-bar by the way (still haven't nailed it down), but I ordered new links just for the hell of it. Bushings were good. Pretty sure I did them in the not-too-distant past, but hard to remember and keep track of all the old rubber I've replaced on this thing.

Side note: installation of my BIOR front bumper brought the front end down by an inch (soft TJM coils) and the truck handles amazing now. 4" caster plates on 2 inches of lift. I'll have to take it in for an alignment one of these days to see where I'm at, but this truck has not driven so well in the 5 years I've owned it.
I also have a front end clunk that popped up. I have not traced it down. Seems to clunk when dropping off the curb from the driveway when turning right. Then nothing for days. Then it clunks when steering hard left. Seems like something is clunking back and forth, but not all the time. Pretty loud. If I crawl under and tug on various things I don't get anything that is too loose. Following to see what comes of this.

New driveshafts. And new hardware. Just order the new hardware from @NLXTACY , too easy.
Point both front and rear yolks towards front and remember to line up your front and rear zerks!
Torque front bolts to 54 ft lbs and rear to 65ft lbs. and you’ve got it made.
50DB253C-98EC-4CD3-B706-C9EF7CCF414B.jpeg
712E0B54-1A25-4804-B44A-E82F21E76C87.jpeg

Replaced the driver side seat switch with a good used one from @slow95z. Old switch fore-aft function died with the seat fully forward. In that position only my wife could drive the 80. The replacement was gray so I swapped over my oak colored plastic pieces. Worst part was fishing the plug out of and back into the under guts of the seat.

IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5176.jpg

Mounted the used roofnest sparrow i picked up for 700$😁 on frontrunner load bars. What a pain. Almost zero room To tighten mounting brackets under tent. Cant wait to try it out next weekend

View attachment 2441176

View attachment 2441177
Just mounted my cvt Rainer to loadbars and put a big scratch on my roof due to the bolts being to long.... thinking about upgrading rack. But that will happen down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom