What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (131 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was hoping to install this Prinsu rack tonight and use it over the weekend but it’s a no go. It arrived missing the bottom halves of the gutter brackets. This is my first time doing business with Prinsu anyone ever experience this with them? Seems like nice stuff, just disappointed I guess.
7F8644FE-4546-4579-8B80-B1167F711C9B.jpeg
8F5A721C-3E6A-462C-A196-D12CEC0D3A61.jpeg

Was hoping to install this Prinsu rack tonight and use it over the weekend but it’s a no go. It arrived missing the bottom halves of the gutter brackets. This is my first time doing business with Prinsu anyone ever experience this with them? Seems like nice stuff, just disappointed I guess. View attachment 2223928View attachment 2223929
Prinsu made it right but that is to be expected. What impressed me was how quickly they responded to my complaint. I used the “contact us” form on their site last night.

From past experience, with other companies, I have come to regard these online forms as a black hole of complaints: nothing ever comes out of it. So I always call to follow up.

Called first thing this morning, talked to a very professional sales rep. Within the first 30 seconds, he knew exactly who I was and told me which parts he instructed the warehouse to send. He read the online form!

As a plus one, he wrote a zero charge sales order and emailed it to me within 30 minutes as a confirmation that the task was complete. That’s service!

The final challenge will be whether or not Prinsu / CBI Off-road honors my request for overnight/early morning arrival of the product.

As you all know, as fellow wrencher-bators, you don’t want to look at reminders of incomplete projects taking up space. I have a busy weekday schedule so weekends are it for me. Once I’m back to work, I have to wait to get something done.

Picked up some Nitro axles for the front and just waiting on a few bits from Wits End before redoing my front axle again. Debating, doing some trussing while I've got it apart.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Also, cool little bit of kit made by a friend. Changes the arc of the ebrake handle to increase force on the brake. Makes it so you don't have to pull the handle up so far. little 15 min mod.
It's essentially the same as this offered by Superior in AUS.

Looks super clean. What method and paint did you use to do the chrome around the headlights and grill?
Just sanded the chrome with 320 grit and sprayed it with Wurth semi gloss rattle can. The Wurth products seem to hold up well.

Picked up some Nitro axles for the front and just waiting on a few bits from Wits End before redoing my front axle again. Debating, doing some trussing while I've got it apart.

Also, cool little bit of kit made by a friend. Changes the arc of the ebrake handle to increase force on the brake. Makes it so you don't have to pull the handle up so far. little 15 min mod.
It's essentially the same as this offered by Superior in AUS.

just got the same kit

Today was all about getting "Georgia" ready to pass MD state inspection. So, I needed to get the "D" light working in the instrument cluster, since in MD, if that light is available it needs to function. I swapped out the bulb, but in the process I lost the center diff lock and ABS illumination, which I just got working last weekend....figures. But, that won't hold me up on the state inspection so I'll look into that when the weather gets warmer. Then, I moved on to getting the driver's power seat working, since MD won't pass the vehicle with a driver's seat that won't operate properly. So, I installed the Gamiviti gears and now "Georgia" is ready for her MD state inspection. I'll get the passenger seat working in the warmer weather. I also got an aftermarket keyless remote working, which was a "must do" to appease the wife....."Happy wife...happy life", as they say.

IMG_20200229_133651572.jpg

IMG_20200229_133642178.jpg

Last edited:
Changed things up a bit: pushed the PWR button and swapped blinkers & markers.

Refilled tank and topped up oil.

So had that P0401 code going.
step 1. Installed the test kit from @LC4LIFE and that worked great for 700 miles. Amazing.

step 2. Just got the notice from the DMV to smog the rig by 3/24. Panic. As egr was not in ready state. And catalyst monitoring was also not ready. FYI1996-1999 vehicles can have one readiness fault in Cali.

step 3. I de-installed the test rig this morning

Step 4. I bought this from amazon.1 New OEM Replacement 25870-74090... Amazon product ASIN B007TV7ATM
Installed new vacuum lines. Drove for 3 mins and it Reset the EGR readiness. No CEL. So drove straight to smog shop.

step 5. I JUST PASSED Cali Smog with flying colors. (I fully expect the P0401 code to reappear....but don’t care).

I guess next project is readying the cat monitoring, but not sure why that’s not working. Installed 2 new O2 sensors, both are working (getting proper volts per monitor). Drove all the cycles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom