What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Prinsu made it right but that is to be expected. What impressed me was how quickly they responded to my complaint. I used the “contact us” form on their site last night.

From past experience, with other companies, I have come to regard these online forms as a black hole of complaints: nothing ever comes out of it. So I always call to follow up.

Called first thing this morning, talked to a very professional sales rep. Within the first 30 seconds, he knew exactly who I was and told me which parts he instructed the warehouse to send. He read the online form!

As a plus one, he wrote a zero charge sales order and emailed it to me within 30 minutes as a confirmation that the task was complete. That’s service!

The final challenge will be whether or not Prinsu / CBI Off-road honors my request for overnight/early morning arrival of the product.

As you all know, as fellow wrencher-bators, you don’t want to look at reminders of incomplete projects taking up space. I have a busy weekday schedule so weekends are it for me. Once I’m back to work, I have to wait to get something done.

It looks like Prinsu / CBI printed the label for overnight shipping but didn’t get it to UPS. Too bad. I really wanted to try this company out but I need reliability.

I’m not bashing mind you simply reporting facts about my experience.

It looks like Prinsu / CBI printed the label for overnight shipping but didn’t get it to UPS. Too bad. I really wanted to try this company out but I need reliability.

I’m not bashing mind you simply reporting facts about my experience.
Shoulda went with Bowfin Cruisers!

Dropped it off at paint on Monday. I went by to check on it Thursday and then Saturday. I liked the guys recommendation to lose the antenna and weld it. I haven’t listens to FM radio in years!!!!! Should be ready by next weekend. I’m trying a color I haven’t seen on an 80 before. I hope my vision comes out as planned. I am pint the grill / light trims a fun metal metallic color. I hope that works out too...

102D262B-D848-4BAE-8D52-1044AC8CC4DA.jpeg

F4B5CC54-2E5D-4636-96D3-5F321D2F1E22.jpeg

DFD7CF7E-DAEE-42DE-9850-ED1EE7312452.jpeg

4FC54257-B759-4A7A-8652-C80257F70F96.jpeg

585B7A43-0770-4F02-AB91-7A3DA2DCB850.jpeg

I got out to the country to do some fishing. She's running AWESOME!

I'm going to redo the front axles this summer so before I left replaced the muddy front diff oil with fresh and pumped some moly into the knuckles. Leaking diff fluid in right front ball, but not too bad.

No knowledge in the post, just enjoyed her. Oh, one little maintenance question, the trim on the gutter came off. A little scary it flopping at 70 mph, but pulled over and yanked the rest off. I guess I'll see it it snaps on nicely and use some silicon to keep it in place.
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Tightened up the preload on the steering box by a 1/4 turn. Pleased with the difference in the initial run around the block. Taking the LX out later this evening for a longer run..

Yearly 3k oil change, replaced my washer diverter valve, turns out washers have been non functional so long that my button doesn't work, seems to be missing a spring or press down in the handle. Off to search

Added stink bug back. 30mm MAF spacer on top of the rear 2863s. That 33 inch tire hanging beyond the bumper and 6 gallons of fuel really like to point you to the sky.

Fixed the shaky mirrors with the parts from Outsane since both tabs were broken off of both mirrors. If you are ever in doubt, holy cow these things are an awesome fix to that! Now it only let me discover that my DS mirror is now floppy, just never stops.

Fixed the shaky mirrors with the parts from Outsane since both tabs were broken off of both mirrors. If you are ever in doubt, holy cow these things are an awesome fix to that! Now it only let me discover that my DS mirror is now floppy, just never stops.
Ever get tired of neighbors walking by and saying “what r u doin now?” “Is that thing ever gonna be done?!”. Love ‘em all but they will never get it.

Write up on the compressor install please? Which York p/n is that?

Used a york compressor from ebay or Amazon as there weren't any available for easy pick up from local used parts yard. . There are a couple long threads on the York/OBA that has plenty to read Not all of it is specific to the York but there is enough there to get a good idea. Wits' End York On-Board-Air Schematic and Discussion and Bringing back the York OBA bracket and pulley kit!.

The install is prettty straight forward when using the kit from WitsEnd aka @NLXTACY. Before the manifold was shipped Joey even gave me a call to ask which electical connector was on my York pump and matched the conncector on his end to make it plug and play. That is service:clap:. In brief summary of the install, the bracke just bolts in place to the engine block, bolt in the york to the bracket, replace the fan belt pully with the provided pully which allows for an extra belt, re install the fan belts and the belt to the york, add the fittings to the compressor and if you go with the suggested air source being the pre-filtered air from the air cleaner than there are some holes to drill in the air filter box. The manifold installs with 2 existing bolts on the fender. Wire up the electrical and route your air lines and you've got air :cool:. Not sure the kits are still available but maybe they are or perhaps he'll do another run when enough interest builds again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom