What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New lseat leather installed, now at the shop to get some fresh paint for the hood , cowl, and valance while I’m out of town for a few days. Pics don’t show it but the hood is blasted with rock chips.
5B6DF4B9-532E-4B6A-91CC-98FB542E9AA4.png
F51E6650-5757-4CD9-9491-57A3FCA61DF7.png
CE6A24A4-D705-4878-9723-F416DDFC5364.png

View attachment 2215397

Chipping away at this job. I only seem to get an hour here and there. Probably could have done it all in a day, if I had one.

Anybody know what size nuts go on the o2 sensor mount? My old ones aren't exactly reusable.

Have you opened up the box for the new one? I ordered mine from @NLXTACY and mine came with new hardware. Not sure if that was just something Joey does or they come that way.

Have you opened up the box for the new one? I ordered mine from @NLXTACY and mine came with new hardware. Not sure if that was just something Joey does or they come that way.

I didn't see any in there but I just glanced. I'll check again.

Update:
Nope not in there. Must just be a Joey thing. The couple extra dollars to @NLXTACY would have saved me a trip to the store. :(

Last edited:
@davidp14 who made your exhaust? I need a new one soon

@davidp14 who made your exhaust? I need a new one soon

It's a magnaflow 23120. I got it from 4wheelparts.com because I had a $75 gift card from there. Tons of threads on here about them. Seems like they have run out of the bosals since I haven't read of anyone getting one recently. Or maybe they got too many complaints and scrapped them.

I didn't see any in there but I just glanced. I'll check again.

Update:
Nope not in there. Must just be a Joey thing. The couple extra dollars to @NLXTACY would have saved me a trip to the store. :(
And would've supported someone who supports these trucks. I am all for saving money as well but a couple of extra bucks here or there that go to the right places is always worth it.

Acquired an auxiliary fuel tank for *I think* the turbo truck. Haven’t decided yet. Gave my brother something to do so I can work on other stuff. Had him remove the fuel pick up/sock and the fuel float/sender. Turned out it came out easily despite how things looked. Little bit of fuel inside but otherwise looked fairly clean. Now I gotta decide if I should paint it or have it powder coated. Decisions. 🤔

View attachment 2215199View attachment 2215200View attachment 2215201View attachment 2215202View attachment 2215203
Regardless of the exterior condition, the fact that the screws were exposed to fuel and fumes since the factory probably guaranteed easy removal. Talking outta my a$& here but couldn’t be.

Tried out my LCP jack adapter for the first time. Works like a champ. Thanks @LandCruiserPhil

Jack Adapters - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Note: A 7/16" square socket fits perfectly on the Toyota jack extension rod. That, with an impact wrench, lifted the truck just as quick as any floor jack and is a heck of a lot lighter to drag back and forth to the garage :) .

View attachment 2215107

Great jack adapter find!
Love the no-loss color.
The adapter was designed to lock in place where the jack stand is placed. The shorter leg on the adapter makes this possible.
The picture shows why the adapter base is slightly larger to let the adapter Cant leaving the jack vertical.

And would've supported someone who supports these trucks. I am all for saving money as well but a couple of extra bucks here or there that go to the right places is always worth it.

Faith enough.

In my defense, I didn't know he offered these at the time of purchase.
I've sent a couple of 200series payments worth to Joey and I've got the wits end taped boxes in my. Basement to prove it.

Lesson Learned.

View attachment 2215397

Chipping away at this job. I only seem to get an hour here and there. Probably could have done it all in a day, if I had one.

Anybody know what size nuts go on the o2 sensor mount? My old ones aren't exactly reusable.

On my 93 they are M8x1.25

Faith enough.

In my defense, I didn't know he offered these at the time of purchase.
I've sent a couple of 200series payments worth to Joey and I've got the wits end taped boxes in my. Basement to prove it.

Lesson Learned.

I have plenty of extra OEM 02 sensor nuts. How many you need? I'll send them out this morning.

Acquired an auxiliary fuel tank for *I think* the turbo truck. Haven’t decided yet. Gave my brother something to do so I can work on other stuff. Had him remove the fuel pick up/sock and the fuel float/sender. Turned out it came out easily despite how things looked. Little bit of fuel inside but otherwise looked fairly clean. Now I gotta decide if I should paint it or have it powder coated. Decisions. 🤔

I sure hope you are being forced to come up with a dual filler neck solution since they are so hard to find:D

Coolant flush and fill (filled with that sweet, red nectar of the Toyota gods of course), new rad hoses, heater valve, heater hoses (well, most of them), coolant tee, and PHH bypass from @NLXTACY . I got lucky and the PO had the PHH done at some point, so the hardline bracket was already broken. But it was still very pesky and I'm glad I did the bypass. The hardline is hanging on the wall in the garage as a symbol of busted knuckles and new combinations of curse words. Next up is valve cover gasket, plugs, wires, dizzy cap, dizzy o-ring, and, if I'm felling frisky, oil pump cover gasket.

Feeling cute, might try and sand off some bedliner IDK
Radio install, need to figure out a rear camera mount
Need to order some stuff from Wit's End
Figure out tools needed to R&R my Ironman rear shock bushings
Plugs and fluids too

Busy springtime coming up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom