What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how did you "finish" the inside of wheelwell? I want to do this but dont know how to make it look "finished" after.

im not totally sure what you mean by “finish” but its all just welded up right now. I still have to do a lot of grinding and cleaning up. After that ill bedline/undercoat the areas and paint the body. Check my build thread, in signature, for detailed pictures of the process.

Reactions: RFB
I removed the factory Roof rack. Glad I did because under the pillars was sooo much rust! luckily none was all the way through. It would have kept getting worse. some metal prep, paint and rubber grommets did the trick. pulled all those studs out too. it was a real pain in the ass. my vehicle was repainted at one point and I don't think they put the rubber sealer gasket back on or something. (I have been finding lots of little things like that. Indicates a s***ty paint job to me) It was 1000% the source of my rain leak/windows fogging every time it rained. I don't plan on putting the racks back on. I use my yakima ones that attach to the gutters. they are high enough were I can strap kayaks or surfboards up there with out issue.

Picked up a used (but never actually used) Warn 9.5 XP winch from a friend here in Knoxville. Got it mounted and wired up this weekend. Ordered an offset fairlead and fold flat shackle link last night. Rig is finally coming together.
IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

I’ve got the Smittybilt portable compressor, JACO tire pressure gauge, A.mazon deflator/inflator tool; so only needed components for airing down/up.

Can you do a quick list of where it all came from, looks like an awesome solution!

Running the flagship LX-450 where she belongs...didn't miss a beat ;)

W8BGK1Mh.jpg

51YHj3fh.jpg

ATHN5lFh.jpg

I took that trail in February of last year, what a great view! Steep sections are awesome!

Can you do a quick list of where it all came from, looks like an awesome solution!

Depending on your compressor, you may have to design a different valve solution...

Start with:

1/4" x 50' air hose

Then the following:
1578935333882.png

1578935458906.png

I’d been trying to figure a way to speed up the tire deflation/inflation process (because I have a time-conscious boss). So, I did some internet research and found a product that seemed a good fix for my need.

After watching the product pitch a few times and contemplating the cost in my “cart” on the site; I decided that I might be able to create my own solution.

Did some reverse engineering and came up with a design for my application. After some measurements on the FZJ80 and triple-checks, I figured out what supplies I needed.

I’ve got the Smittybilt portable compressor, JACO tire pressure gauge, A.mazon deflator/inflator tool; so only needed components for airing down/up.

Ran a test this morning by deflating to ‘round about 18psi. Worked like a charm. Then, inflated back to 32psi (with a few minutes break chasing wild banshees around the garage) before finishing. My system worked great and shaved off many minutes between changing positions between tires.

The best part: I had fun fashioning my design and testing. AND, I saved almost 50% of the cost of purchasing from the internet!

My system holds pressure, delivers psi, and is quick and easy to use. Bonus: it should help to get me back home before the drill sergeant knows I’m gone.

View attachment 2181309

View attachment 2181310

View attachment 2181311
View attachment 2181312
View attachment 2181315
Great job, those are so nice. I saw a DIY setup from another member incorporating a regulator that just shuts off when everything gets to pressure so the compressor cant overfill. How did you crimp those furrels on the tees?

Great job, those are so nice. I saw a DIY setup from another member incorporating a regulator that just shuts off when everything gets to pressure so the compressor cant overfill. How did you crimp those furrels on the tees?

Thanks. A regulator is likely beyond my technical skill! I used the below crimper tool from A.mazon

1578937971233.png

Thanks. A regulator is likely beyond my technical skill! I used the below crimper tool from A.mazon

View attachment 2181687
Thanks! The regulator just goes between the compressor and your tires, just after your fill valve would be fine. It has a gauge and a knob, just twist the knob to your target pressure set then anything above that pressure bleeds off. Just make sure to install with the arrows indicating the direction of air flow.

I picked up some new leather for my steering wheel - the color is a pretty close match to the original brown (slightly lighter than OEM) It took some time to get it right but with some patience I think it turned out quite nice.
60039182196__2F9E404F-D7E8-4572-A0DC-5C0D634C6078.JPG

I purchased a pre-cut kit from amazon - the fitment was 8/10 but that could also be because I've never done this before and just had the leather slightly misaligned.

Loncky Leather Steering Wheel Cover

IMG_0699.jpg

We also got some snow in Kansas over the weekend so I finally got to see how my 80 preformed in the snow.

LX450 Winter Horizontal 03.jpeg

50k posts in this thread o_O! That's a lot of Cruiser stuff... I know this thread has taught me a lot, and also cost me a ton of money... Thanks MUD.:cool:

Anyways, on to what people come to this thread to read:

I ordered e-locker rebuild kits along with the appropriate Toyota grease, and a handful of other parts from @NLXTACY to take care of some nagging issues that I've neglected for too long.

I also plan to add some sound deadener to the insides of the door panels while I'm in there cleaning and lubing the window regs, refurbishing the lock motors and replacing the vapor barriers with new OEM pieces.

I need to send @cruiseroutfit a good chunk of money to buy control arm bushings too. It'll be nice to get rid of the slop, but I'm not exactly looking forward to doing the work...

I picked up some new leather for my steering wheel - the color is a pretty close match to the original brown (slightly lighter than OEM) It took some time to get it right but with some patience I think it turned out quite nice.

I purchased a pre-cut kit from amazon - the fitment was 8/10 but that could also be because I've never done this before and just had the leather slightly misaligned.

We also got some snow in Kansas over the weekend so I finally got to see how my 80 preformed in the snow.

Do you have a link to share for the leather kit?
thx,
dg

View attachment 2181826

View attachment 2181833

View attachment 2181834

hey man that steering wheel looks pretty legit! Nice work on getting it nice and snug close to the original . I can’t stand loose or chunky looking fitment on leatherwork.

I took that trail in February of last year, what a great view! Steep sections are awesome!

lol, this was out of Foresthill, Ca ...:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Vlex
Back
Top Bottom