What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I absolutely love my @yodaTEQ Gullwing - one of the most functional and often-used mods I've made. It makes things so much more efficient since I can quickly and easily access goods attached to the MOLLE panel, and access my fridge for a beverage without having to open the swing-outs or climb over the seats.
Is it really convenient to open/reach inside your fridge from the gullwing? For some reason I can't picture it being easy

Is it really convenient to open/reach inside your fridge from the gullwing? For some reason I can't picture it being easy
It really is. My fridge (ARB 50qt) is mounted on a simple slide, so only ~2" from the floor, right against the driver rear wheel tub. I can quickly open the hatch/gullwing, open the fridge and grab whatever I want out of it. I can see probably the top half of the inside of the fridge very easily.

I'm 6'1" with long-ish arms, so that helps, but it's not a stretch(ha!) at all. 3" coils on 37s.

Got tired of my 4x4 labs bumpers getting rusty and repainting them so I had them powder coated. Now to install.

20200111_143519.jpg

working to finish truck prep to head to Big Bend for a week tomorrowView attachment 2179127..... removed rear seats and sorted gear and added the Dog bed in for the two GSD's..... my "puppy" is almost as big as his brother now and it'll be tighter fit then expected !
I need to pull the trigger on the TEQ passenger side Gullwing and Molle mount...
Forgive my ignorance if this is well-known but where did you source the mount the speaker is sitting on? I've been toying with the idea of making one but if it already exists I might just go that route instead.

#Edit#
I found them. Puma mounts.

Last edited:
I used the stain extractor cleaner on the right for the carpet (full strength), worked it in with a drill brush, and then vacuumed it out.

The cleaner on the on the left worked well for the plastic, rubber, and leather. It has UV block in it as well. For the armrests, I soaked a rag with it and slowly worked it into the leather and it lifted the dirt out.

I've had good experiences with Chemical Guys products in the past and this time was no different.

View attachment 2178963
will this work on headliner? mine needs it ad I dont want to replace.

the tailgate cover is from Adventure Ready - nicely finished and rugged. A great option if your not planning to cut the tailgate to create more storage.... I'd love a combo of this and the wagongear/ Back bay storage panel design to maximize the tailgate use...

yup - lot's of hardware and large canines, hopefully none needed but better to have then not..... hoping to get the Fort Knox box mounted in the console for my EDC, as well as the wifes.

E
cutting boards cool but look how much you can stow in the tailgate for real.

had to remove the Slee headlight harness as it was intermittently failing..... so took the time to replace all bulbs in the front end of things and clean up some wiring..... getting the switch box for all the lights buttoned up and finishing off the dual batt setup as well.... may try to get the rocklights done before hitting the road as well.

IMG_20200111_101726409.jpg
IMG_20200111_135322134.jpg
IMG_20200111_153209714.jpg

Picked up my 2nd 80-a 40th anniversary edition. May make some repairs and sell it, haven't decided yet. Body parts already on the way. Haven't found any gremlins in the engine. I think she was eventually headed for the scrap yard and at least one mud member went to see it before I got to it.
IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg

Painted the block with a light grey Tremclad mix. I have the intake and exhaust off so I figured why not:hillbilly:

will this work on headliner? mine needs it ad I dont want to replace.

Not sure. I expect it would but I would experiment first in an inconspicious area before going all out. It is about $10 for the small bottle so not a huge investment even if it doesn't work.

Been working on this poor girl for the last year, school and life seem to interrupt but she is always patient and only has little problems. This weekends little problem was a continuation of the high idle issue. Took the throtle body off and cleaned it. Adjusted throtle cable and kick down to oem spec, the fine tuned for personal preference. Finally got a set of gator clips and checked the TPS.... um yeah, I am gonna need those TPS reports right away... turns out the TPS has a dead spot near idle causing all sorts of issues.... and fixed the parking sensor on my Kenwood HU

20200111_175508.jpg

20200111_145452.jpg

20200112_163505.jpg

20200112_163605.jpg

I’d been trying to figure a way to speed up the tire deflation/inflation process (because I have a time-conscious boss). So, I did some internet research and found a product that seemed a good fix for my need.

After watching the product pitch a few times and contemplating the cost in my “cart” on the site; I decided that I might be able to create my own solution.

Did some reverse engineering and came up with a design for my application. After some measurements on the FZJ80 and triple-checks, I figured out what supplies I needed.

I’ve got the Smittybilt portable compressor, JACO tire pressure gauge, A.mazon deflator/inflator tool; so only needed components for airing down/up.

Ran a test this morning by deflating to ‘round about 18psi. Worked like a charm. Then, inflated back to 32psi (with a few minutes break chasing wild banshees around the garage) before finishing. My system worked great and shaved off many minutes between changing positions between tires.

The best part: I had fun fashioning my design and testing. AND, I saved almost 50% of the cost of purchasing from the internet!

My system holds pressure, delivers psi, and is quick and easy to use. Bonus: it should help to get me back home before the drill sergeant knows I’m gone.

13F618D2-9379-4C9E-A268-650298EBE44D.jpeg

E71B5DF7-5BA4-45FD-8B7F-A36B992E3560.jpeg

5E8BBFCE-379A-4ECB-9012-E5807CE1865D.jpeg

EBD6E008-1604-4909-8883-3410F9496C2A.jpeg

1C16D1CD-6658-4AA4-99F1-C657B5BD4BFB.jpeg

i tubbed the rear of my truck.. made some room for the 37s. many more pictures in my build thread

Untitled by bill bill2, on Flickr
how did you "finish" the inside of wheelwell? I want to do this but dont know how to make it look "finished" after.

Lots of fun today. Brakes feel so much better with the new booster and master cylinder + deleted the abs/lpsv. Just waiting on the new extended brake lines/calipers to get here!

6957F18C-68FA-4553-8C81-71EB99A6CB1D.jpeg

Were you by chance driving west on CA-88 around 0700 this morning?

:hmm:
Not me,

I was on ca-4 this after noonand evening, stopped at Mercer Caverns

20200112_152931.jpg
20200112_150052.jpg

Cool spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom