What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was able to make it down to @brosky 's secret hide out & play Land Cruiser. He is in the middle of trimming for 39s. We only did the RR while I was there. I was very impressed that we ended up with 2.5" bumpstops in the rear. Thats what I run for uncut fenders & 37s.
Here is a vid enjoy....

What bumpstops in the rear did you end up with?

totally stock original bumps. I figure if its good enough for a stock truck its good enough for 37s if theres no body in the way..

edit:
Also i should mention for total transparency, the bumps are about an inch from the axle, and the tires have about 2” more up travel before they hit the new floor i made. The stock springs with 45mm spacers on top, all around, are compressed enough to just start pulling the front wheel up at 27” of travel. The truck is completely empty inside, no interior other than front seats and no standard gear(tools, recovery ect ect) so it will tuck more when the truck is heavier and can compress the springs more.

Last edited:
I bought some more tune up things for my land cruiser. New fuel filter, cap, rotor, and the little gasket thing for that. should be a fun weekend project. All Toyota OEM. next purchase will be some seat covers and a few interior parts (mainly driver seat belt and center vents.) I want to add a passenger dash grab handle but cant figure out what the OEM one is.

I bought some more tune up things for my land cruiser. New fuel filter, cap, rotor, and the little gasket thing for that. should be a fun weekend project. All Toyota OEM. next purchase will be some seat covers and a few interior parts (mainly driver seat belt and center vents.) I want to add a passenger dash grab handle but cant figure out what the OEM one is.
It's a towel bar. You can get them at Lowes.

Installed my new custom plates

4DC42CFB-69D5-4FE7-A9AF-FF6EA4E4D317.jpeg

50k posts in this thread o_O! That's a lot of Cruiser stuff... I know this thread has taught me a lot, and also cost me a ton of money... Thanks MUD.:cool:

Anyways, on to what people come to this thread to read:

I ordered e-locker rebuild kits along with the appropriate Toyota grease, and a handful of other parts from @NLXTACY to take care of some nagging issues that I've neglected for too long.

I also plan to add some sound deadener to the insides of the door panels while I'm in there cleaning and lubing the window regs, refurbishing the lock motors and replacing the vapor barriers with new OEM pieces.

I need to send @cruiseroutfit a good chunk of money to buy control arm bushings too. It'll be nice to get rid of the slop, but I'm not exactly looking forward to doing the work...
Whatcha chasing with your e-lockers? My front e-locker has stopped engaging and I suspect a rebuild is in order.

@BILT4ME lol. Was a cold start in a cold morning

My slow project got its first repair. Installed a new radiator over the weekend, I have to say those upper radiator nuts are a PITA but other than that it was pretty straight forward. It looks like the bottom tabs are blocking me from getting the fan shroud back on so I will need to put that back on later after some customizing. Now time for a smog and clean the motor before the next repair, it is an oily 270k of build up mess under there.

Besides the body mounts have you made any other frame changes?

Yes, extended it 5”.

Oh ya and plated the frame around where the steering box mounts. ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, extended it 5”.

Oh ya and plated the frame around where the steering box mounts. ;)

Cheers

This is awesome...

Now you got me wondering how much work it takes to remove an 80 series body and how it is done without a lift.

Check the build thread in 70 section, 93 Troopy Hodgepodge for the answers.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom