What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (130 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had new OEM foam installed. Drivers thigh bolster area welded and leather kit from @FJ60Cam installed in 1st and 2nd row. Includes center console cover and all door arm rests. I left out the seat netting and left the door panel vinyl OE. Had it all installed professionally and it came out soooooo nice!

View attachment 2059007
View attachment 2059008View attachment 2059010View attachment 2059011View attachment 2059012

Looks amazing!! I'm willing to bet you paid more for that interior than I did for my cruiser though.

B3F6715D-7EDC-4952-AA13-0089F1B7A5D6.jpeg

Finally home. Now the work begins with a stem to stern detail. After the garage is cleared out.

Had new OEM foam installed. Drivers thigh bolster area welded and leather kit from @FJ60Cam installed in 1st and 2nd row. Includes center console cover and all door arm rests. I left out the seat netting and left the door panel vinyl OE. Had it all installed professionally and it came out soooooo nice!

View attachment 2059007
View attachment 2059008View attachment 2059010View attachment 2059011View attachment 2059012
What is that color combo called? I’d like the same for mine, looks like original OEM colors, or very close.

What is that color combo called? I’d like the same for mine, looks like original OEM colors, or very close.

40th Anniversary. It is what I have as OEM. There is a solid dark brown with lighter stitching that looks REALLY nice as well. If I did not have a 40th, that is what I would have installed.

Just did PHH last night and new throttle cable.

AB9A0ECA-A525-4958-967F-0EA4FDADFA3A.jpeg

Doing knuckles today and some used but powder coated radius arms with some OME bushings. Got an ARB front bumper to toss on it too. Got more I could do but probably won’t. Taking off on Sunday to go camping for five days.

Got to pick my buddy at the airport in a couples hours though. He is flying in from Central America, picking him up in this! ;)

BDFA3C28-E700-4576-9A2B-DB1C81DE4DA1.jpeg

Cheers

40th Anniversary. It is what I have as OEM. There is a solid dark brown with lighter stitching that looks REALLY nice as well. If I did not have a 40th, that is what I would have installed.
Beautiful. Thanks for info.

Didn't think I'd catch this but its finally broken in and ready for the next 250K!

20190816_101722.jpg

I cut out 1 dead turn out of my rear heavies... to lower the lift to same as the intermediates.
Was 23.75"
Now 23" dead on.

Screenshot_20190810-031642.png

Last edited:
Attempted to install new tie rod ends and steering arm ends however they had other plans. Just said fk it and ordered new tubes. I'll take the old one apart later and keep as a spare. Going to replace the bushings in a spare set of upper and lower control arms I picked up off of ebay tomorrow to make it faster. Also ordered a new throttle cable, air filter, fuel filter, gaskets and banjo bolts. The stack of parts in the corner of my dining room is getting rather impressive...

cursed at rear pinion nut, cursed at prior owner's lack of washing the underside (live in NY, salt on roads.......not good), swore at weather, posted pinion nut problem, cursed at weather again...... might be time for a beer..........
Similar to how my day went. "Why is everything always $%#@%& stuck or such a pain in the @#$ to do something simple??? Aaah!!! Ok time to go inside....."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom