What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

voodu3

SILVER Star
Do you have a write up about the shroud mod?
It was quite simple. I used a Dremel type rotary tool to cut along the diagonal seams where the white lines are in the pic below (that's not a 3fe shroud in the pic but close enough). I drilled the upper and lower parts and zip tied them together with two ties on each side. I also zip tied the lower section to the radiator where the two white dots are in the pic. Now I can cut the ties, remove the bolts and pull the top piece off to access the fan, belts, hoses, etc. It seals up just fine and funnels tons of air.
cruiser shroud mod.jpg

It was quite simple. I used a Dremel type rotary tool to cut along the diagonal seams where the white lines are in the pic below (that's not a 3fe shroud in the pic but close enough). I drilled the upper and lower parts and zip tied them together with two ties on each side. I also zip tied the lower section to the radiator where the two white dots are in the pic. Now I can cut the ties, remove the bolts and pull the top piece off to access the fan, belts, hoses, etc. It seals up just fine and funnels tons of air.
View attachment 2056876
Awesome, thanks!

Thanks. We had a good time.

The cover got a tear. I knew better than to take that trail with the tent up top. :meh:

View attachment 2054995
The covers are vinyl, just like truck tarp material. You can patch that up easy. Just get a tarp patch kit from Sharps Tarps in Oregon. It comes with the glue and some material. Its like 30 bux maybe.

The H66 vinyl works great. Its contact cement, coat the patch area and the patch itself. Waut till tacky and stick together. Here is a pic of my patch job.
20181102_131839.jpg

That shiny material on the top edge is the patch area. In between the two straps. That was over a year ago and its still good.

RoaringFork

SILVER Star
What trail is this?
It doesn’t have a formal name that I know of... it’s a section of a power cut in south glenwood 5-6 miles up cattle creek rd. It’s short and sweet, maybe an hours worth, 4 good obstacles, and 1 no go climb for my rig... I’ll get better pics of all the fun next time I’m out... :cheers:

HelloKitty65

SILVER Star
Top Bottom