What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve been working my way through my to do list. Installed the @deltavs 6” control arms and PLB. I added some extra HP with some stickers @NLXTACY @Gun Runner 5

DD34DA5B-DB8B-4DA0-9A3B-D99F1BE72091.jpeg

0A57DA5D-96B5-4EFA-BC40-F55630EA1132.jpeg

02EF3854-1413-4094-90E5-CE93A2A75190.jpeg

So I mentioned before that I broke the bypass nipple off while reassembling after belts and hoses, I chewed on a number of solutions including just plugging it, but I settled on a brass barb fitting threaded into the tank.

I used a heat gun to warm and soften the plastic around the hole then a stepped bit to drill it out to 1/2". I reheated the tank to soften the plastic again and slowly threaded the fitting into the tank. I pulled it out and coated the threads in epoxy and threaded it back in one last time and bing bang boom.

I drove 62 miles last night, no weeping, no issues. I don't expect it to last forever, I already plan to buy a new radiator after seeing the inside of mine, even after a flush, but I just had to drop 1K on new tires for the wifes car, so if I can get to June on this fix, I'll be quite pleased.

This small bypass hose is in pretty rough shape, so I'm going to go ahead and replace all the other hoses then too, as @NLXTACY lists them the little hoses, the curved heater hoses, and I'll probably take a look at my old PHH repair as I am not certain the hose brand we used, and based on the condition of the non OEM hoses I pulled off the front of the radiator, I don't have a lot of faith in that.

Wasn't this weekend but I started on a list of noises. For the last 6 months it has sounded like something was rolling around under my passenger seat or loose in the passenger door panel. Turns out it was a really old air freshener that someone stuck under my center console with some double faced tape. It must have finally came loose. It was making a huge racket under there lol. It is probably a good thing I pulled the console. It needed a good vacuuming.View attachment 1950138

I pull my console about once a month for just this reason. I have four kids...there is ALWAYS something nasty in or around my center console.

F7BF24E5-9256-4F61-8AB7-B17DC026024B.jpg

Last edited:
Added a hardwired dash cam.

After seeing one too many of @98 SNAKE EATER 's dash cam videos, I decided that a dash cam is cheap insurance. I put 500-700 miles a week on my truck and sooner or later something is going to happen (to me or someone else) that I wish I had a video record of.

It is a Rove R2-4K cam with GPS, wi-fi, G-shock incident recording, and a decent app that syncs with Google Maps. Not true 4K, but the picture quality (both night and day) is decent and the price was right. One of the things I like best about it is that it just sits there and does its job. It doesn't talk to me, no alerts, no warnings, doesn't tell me I'm leaving my lane, etc... I hate electronics that are constantly beeping/ buzzing/ talking, etc. :bang:. From the driver's seat, I can't even tell it is there. It is hidden by the rear view mirror.

I tapped power off the switched hot lead to the sunroof motor as described in this thread...
How to tap the switched power from the moonroof / sunroof

I also used Lockitt Posi-Taps to tap into the wire and I must say I am very impressed with how well made they are and easy to use. Small, discreet, reusable, solid connection, and doesn't really damage the wire. I'll never use a T-Tap again :).

Edited Cam.jpg

Added a hardwired dash cam.

After seeing one too many of @98 SNAKE EATER 's dash cam videos, I decided that a dash cam is cheap insurance. I put 500-700 miles a week on my truck and sooner or later something is going to happen (to me or someone else) that I wish I had a video record of.

It is a Rove R2-4K cam with GPS, wi-fi, G-shock incident recording, and a decent app that syncs with Google Maps. Not true 4K, but the picture quality (both night and day) is decent and the price was right. One of the things I like best about it is that it just sits there and does its job. It doesn't talk to me, no alerts, no warnings, doesn't tell me I'm leaving my lane, etc... I hate electronics that are constantly beeping/ buzzing/ talking, etc. :bang:. From the driver's seat, I can't even tell it is there. It is hidden by the rear view mirror.

I tapped power off the switched hot lead to the sunroof motor as described in this thread...
How to tap the switched power from the moonroof / sunroof

I also used Lockitt Posi-Taps to tap into the wire and I must say I am very impressed with how well made they are and easy to use. Small, discreet, reusable, solid connection, and doesn't really damage the wire. I'll never use a T-Tap again :).

View attachment 1950503
thats a nice setup Im looking at the owl cam because when Im on the road its really hard to explore on foot knowing the truck has most of my life in it.

thats a nice setup Im looking at the owl cam because when Im on the road its really hard to explore on foot knowing the truck has most of my life in it.
I just installed a BlackVue cloud cam. It's dope.

I just installed a BlackVue cloud cam. It's dope.

This one will eventually migrate to the rear window and a 1 CH BlackVue is on my list for the front. I read a lot of BlackVue reviews stating problems with non-BlackVue SD card recognition. Any issues from your experience?

This one will eventually migrate to the rear window and a 1 CH BlackVue is on my list for the front. I read a lot of BlackVue reviews stating problems with non-BlackVue SD card recognition. Any issues from your experience?
I haven't tried a different card other than what it came with. The video quality is great, but I don't have a lot to compare to.

Nice. Cheaper than a hit 'n run or similar I suppose too.
I do like the "parking" mode function for that extra piece of mind in the native habitat of mall parking lots. Just endlessly record loops.

As time allows, I've been working on the spare transfer case. Getting ready for the Marlin Crawler gears.

Ez6QbrTNqPOstRsAockBI1FPYve5GXjwQQE7hq9N5BwEaIrSpLGg5_cNui7OW5VvACZ7mXxGd93H5j9R0SgYwlmA2DdDOX4ZMj0pmRY9ooSxxklENKyZ_l0LZ5Mu4-uxXDsKtmxzhvMnVD91DXw21ThObY9Y0fwpy9tf3v8GrVVExi02BNYPR2SWGEgVadj16BP6Q2MEgBMbma5rDE9VuvqLi7BELRxHaZ_UpMlL7mERxb6qtQWXLQfqIuK8kjKS49ckU8ccrgh3s3uxR1N20M-OilFy1-VGpm73mS7jZAeJ6GZDaCjufaPYgLRrE4PGKmOOn13dv6vxLmxDHkx9PrB2vHR0uTuixNn89566ns1-rtrZHNVpCMsyoKpClya7acYoIAJ9-vF7T-ArOMbMZoCKVW_s6BryivR-9-1KXXG-vA119PNI8MoVuBdv10ljwDoqYEuMFn4yhqNGY2_1q-ayI-_mEXZCseHBZ0RbQES_wXVrKbMjX33BQakZsLoMSltG6ip2er1UuNaUxgA4SZ3cmLtGcPuVgo47PDad1M1bp_A2l8XlrbIJAh9CrtiGqzCRKioml-_9jYJ1QxHlzaQ9rq8DxXHAfVqHrnCRo5gZ0t4aGb85yDCoESUW42kog-Xpp3Xq0TKlbwZbRvN4vTk_BoUWfQv2=w469-h625-no

uo9SjXmaNE4mlABrJk50v9iEGOq_LExCJaM1ahYGnsQ-9_eTv-VEV4UlSKMl1JQxFbFjaFLuf9qF7tBIhiv9IgoBXv3H3ODVnXc6udzFE0gGeUZ79I0GM2zgBWLr2gAd-zfr973SpCyFWuRLGcNIeCZ0UaCN4XE-YlUhxLzxE3rGuYo-wGWP3yszkZcVyHY9snrAMD1xvDVKxFOqGI8ITY-fJpZOIDRx-ZI-NvkX--wkzozK3mF6twnkiFgjKEypmKNyHO2MahkGtWiPF_Mthjb79nGKoKAqSWkRYkUqCgauoc1SKR8o-LbVObIrVh30nmA20tbFGHlnnMIEKxZ95Yh-Wu1XDgfEoRQBvV40t_8r6JTAYi10pjnshSK4EGosnlN2lupNZNjhshkTL5zbCuRfn0ELBbEnbAb9xsv4NXBAe6hjZ4iGCqBvsYKUBK4WaHD3w5VYQnxq6hyBPp_O-1weBwogD-4ttoPgUGKeMKaVFGl0pjtM8TvuufzqKktNsIU3G7JovH6BHqgsgu40YKkp_1oKXjOmjPjWNoDzpLJL8aW3FIlPePoEVpBBOvg2EjSYtt-IgC2YqqJ3QbPaHXJzvY1bwSKJsIZiYz50zyV9-qDDslgJUlg9xjkuDOkFE08ODQZfuFFMQo_aOqU7oHTu1VK35nFU=w834-h625-no

OEdLk9Rh0Ii15JQB1FAbCw_jj_wX7fqYtGD_Vv1f_KbddqvoEYzpo5MReRboG8SsA3RJhrRgLlogfDqMLL_PyRji7OTorIAtiOl7HjPeg4yrkiPuegbJOQ_Ja3yQ5N26w9Q3hzHB-8NVn04lrpJ7v9YvO7daJ6C_885gBJtMJ-LUvnRvhyVkpFiTMR2HsyJwqN_LZuhNo4sPxvbSV8RhVYsxLwUPN5vUsaDXQsLC8XfibDutOMbTLU-n11eLRe0oniw_OA7uFsTYASpYmPhQ-e9WHz2KrFNQZmjWq6FrVJbz3RfZ15XIFnDSXkT_uJ-JgeKITVIKZvfwdo4qVhdxAd9Kkhr8LEyC8_PLa9F74d5sZz43wVMsY-jcwCFKcUHswRvsb9jH9liGIF2kZ8pg9TZBGbSb3zEngwpSdU1vV3BavxscJO64bQlGJzRIDEujpydd1sGi6OZkP14Ksdlf_XMW7wu8VzUelYlvjz024EbRwZa1x_gQuFDM8DlFe_uSva1XfXORFr-rNsxPStSCNBcAMooviJk1bgM17nvelOyv_pLS8j4IFQUzpFjDMP7XZeu_qUc3lq-xQ_cfl7ZCxYDaNSdWx37_fZnyv58qTASUYqdiQBWJcP3LRAheGk4qUP6r2fdqJLAxp_koSY3carOB7zF2duiG=w834-h625-no

Part of the slowness is cleaning FIPG off all the housing pieces.

RSBlN1qhnL0yWorB4vIZQZ9uKtpRiJ1E7SoxDQKz21gamaJ6-sKyX8r0iV8o5XbT7YqcQ35Z_faSnPAFjNFhAUDOT0hDI5MY9ciIlvd0ZpZGfUbjnxH3Kzbg9E_QYrxyuV4iGOa0tzBe23_2v2lvZHQ7_V9DvKCljef4Yy5UZrZCYypDbNWsgf8-p0AeYIj1AmIfk7lC_pLeSc61YYzY1ltar6vGpwKFec_nV5PWD_QVB6teo-rFJSIOH9fwoQGHlLBNkvccAaQk8eTDuBaeAByNxjwzt3JpqI2mnmvtwSzCt71zqODtPjNPCAA12FgMjARLmJTC79Lsn_gxI26oh7jbILTk3JyDlZID7grtLGVgn-810aKC4mMXAD2cgA-n_EJYyUXn-gyoNt14ErbnFhqiwbIYb8qbLUs3Ie43VQrayeP-EpLXvfqgx8yt0DdeoWXJSXle4iGvTBKWX0FeFd5rUVsVQZkQBF11dqVlTgfWHrn7Y2Y5QADoZzxJ9yjw4m0oTZSNEM_aoXEp7SGkeU0kemhqJv0SM9vErRVb0OfHxSyQgLNa7AidokeryzkI5Fj4DSPnXZKLOEdvUhTS8rDhBYXKWC8He9fNFZSKpexaHJnJYJIXFnm-s9exQboOn2YE3DiX75kfnoDi2LAGAxf82X2c9CCU=w469-h625-no

Went for a quick little trail run with some friends. Showed their jeeps what 4wd looks like

Ahh the Good the Bad and the Ugly in the Ghost. How far did you get in? Valley of the Birds?

Finally cured a noise that has been driving me nuts. I thought it was an air freshener I found under the console yesterday but I was wrong. So if you get a weird noise that sounds like something rolling around under your floor than be sure to check inside the plastic duct for the rear heater. You never know when a double A battery might find it's way in there lol. I cant believe how much noise it was making especially on sharp right turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom