What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (89 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my order in from the container store for my attic rack. Threw that in with some hose clamps and it really is super solid. Now I have a place for all my light stuff (towels, rain gear, hammock, etc.). I'm sure it will change a lot over the next few months as I work out what all I want to carry.
View attachment 1887042

Also gave it a quick wash to try to get some of the road salt off and since it's surprisingly warm today after being in the teens most of the week.

View attachment 1887044
what size "shelf" are you using for the attic rack?
Edit: Nevermind, found what I was looking for.

Last edited:
What is the "prinsu like rack" and curious about the higher quality aluminum? I was quite impressed with the quality of materials on my Prinsu.
Its a rack or set of racks someone made, and when they did they used seriously high quality aluminium, cause they had acces to it. Not something you would use in a production item.

Pretty sure he's referring to Bowfin Cruiser's rack which is very similar to the Prinsu in the general shape and 80/20 load bar setup but uses a completely different mounting bracket. 80 Series Roof Rack
negative, neither but almost dead on similar.

Reactions: RFB
Mounted a drop down fridge slide on top of the drawer and put the Snowmaster dual zone fridge/freezer in it. And I juuuust had enough room above fridge (1/4") to mount the shelf rack using the Delta brackets.
0124192003a.jpg
0124192001.jpg

Wow that is pretty sweet! But how will you get into the fridge to grab a beer while you're driving?!:hillbilly:

Interesting, that Snomaster appears to be like the high end version of the Edgestar models? Some of the parts look exact. Possibly the same compressor as well. One day I'd love to get a dual zone!

When building the storage drawer a few years back, I used 500lb capacity Accuride drawer slides and I sent them pics the other day and kudos on the build quality of the sliders: no rattles or even a hint of an issue out of them. They promptly sent me a box of swag! Thought that was darn nice of them!
0125191610-01.jpeg

Picked up a new ride (1997 LX450, 240,008 miles) from a mud member in Atlanta, GA and brought back home to Knoxville, TN. Plans include baselining the mechanical/maintenance, thorough cleaning, 2.5/3.5 lift, Slee shortbus front bumper, wheel it for a while and then figure out where to go from there.
IMG_3527.jpg

New rear struts for hatch, waiting on my hood struts and did an oil change, boy my girl is thirsty, 3 gallons of oil

I started the weekend by shoving my winch into the rear bumper of a Ford Explorer.......

You know you drive an 80 Series when it’s -15F and you drive with the window cracked because even on low your heat is too freaking hot.

Edit: an 80 Series with new window runs and motors because otherwise I would be opening the door occasionally to let the heat out. I wouldn’t dare open the windows for fear they wouldn’t go up.

B17A5866-D52E-426A-B6F1-48E0E2394468.jpeg
91CEACED-30FA-410F-9A69-581648FEFCA8.png

You know you drive an 80 Series when it’s -15F and you drive with the window cracked because even on low your heat is too freaking hot.

Edit: an 80 Series with new window runs and motors because otherwise I would be opening the door occasionally to let the heat out. I wouldn’t dare open the windows for fear they wouldn’t go up.

View attachment 1889085 View attachment 1889086

:) just did the "please go up, please go up" chant the other day as they creeped their way back home. Time for runs, door seals, motors, etc... on mine.

View attachment 1889085 View attachment 1889086

I just did new rear window runs and motors this last week since they would hardly move in our frigid, 43 degrees, Nor Cal winter mornings. Now they run like a champ. Well worth the time and money investment but what a pain of a job.

Owning a 22 year old car sure has its challenges......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom