What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was up in Shaver, CA for the weekend.

Tried Bald Mountain Saturday and weather was pretty bad. Didn't even make it to the top
20180526_114102_HDR_resized.jpg

Went up Sunday and it was perfect. Was empty too only saw a few other trucks on the way up
20180527_104926_HDR_resized.jpg

20180527_105113_HDR_resized.jpg

Really:) Toyota runs more amperage through the exact same switch than we do.;)

Electrical safety is extremely important to me as my livelihood and reputation has depended on it for the last 40 years. What I offer is extremely safe, simple, and more reliable than any similar circuit using a relay.
Fair enough.

Finally sitting on her own weight after several months and countless hours. Funny thing is after being cooped up in the garage every weekend, I'm not even itching to go rock crawling. I just wanna drive on boring dirt roads and go camping

20180527_191259-01-jpeg.1710499

img_20180527_192033_308-jpg.1710500
Damn Gina

Stitched some pics together to show the awesome scenery in my neck of the woods.
3F8F6E85-A48E-4344-BCAC-6F33E53D2B1A.jpeg

Also, sat on the beach to stare out to sea and think about how greatful I am for those who sacrificed on this day to remember.
C24CADFC-9632-4D9F-9F6D-54546D25330E.jpeg

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day!!

Hit a couple milestones, mileage and yes, my CEL is off too, double whammy! Also, I asked around and found out everyone who owns an 80 their gas gauge is around the same area...hmmmm. hahahaha.

Zona

IMG_2420.jpg

I thought I'd try to see if my 93 was going to grenade or not. I added distilled water to the overflow and hopped in and drove it 100 miles to watch my son play baseball (he actually didn't play as he's injured and it was non conference games). 98* out and temp never got about 190. Didn't use a drop of coolant/water. Weird. I wonder if I lost it through a loose clamp a few weeks ago. Weather has been extreme fluctuations over the past month. :meh:

Well I suppose I managed to screw my pristine 80 series up, I'm just not too sure how, if anyone can provide insight I'd be most grateful!

1993 Land Cruiser Idle issues after a bath

Y'all have some awesome looking rigs, mine is Uber stock but here's a pic from this weekend when I put my old Tacoma wheels and tires on so I could wear them out.

0527181236_HDR.jpg

0527181741_HDR.jpg

^^^^

Wow! That is a super clean rig! Nice truck.

As far as the idle issue, it sounds like you are definitely chasing water causing an electrical short somewhere. Recheck the connectors at the top of the engine and use dialectric grease on them, and check the back three spark plug wells. You could also pull one spark plug lead at a time to try to pin the misfire to particular cylinders.

I don't think your Koso numbers are too high. Mine gets that high and i don't get temps above 90 so often. Top off the reservoir and keep an eye on it. You may have caught any problem just in time.
I thought I'd try to see if my 93 was going to grenade or not. I added distilled water to the overflow and hopped in and drove it 100 miles to watch my son play baseball (he actually didn't play as he's injured and it was non conference games). 98* out and temp never got about 190. Didn't use a drop of coolant/water. Weird. I wonder if I lost it through a loose clamp a few weeks ago. Weather has been extreme fluctuations over the past month. :meh:

Drove from Lincoln to Detroit yesterday - between 90 and 98 almost the entire way! Engine temps stayed steady.

I'm curious about the Slee step sliders. From those pics, it looks like they're tucked in pretty tight. Like there's only enough room to get your toes on them when stepping in. What about when stepping out of the truck? Can you stand on them with your toes outward?
I love my running boards because they're great for standing on when I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night, but I need sliders too!

I'm curious about the Slee step sliders. From those pics, it looks like they're tucked in pretty tight. Like there's only enough room to get your toes on them when stepping in. What about when stepping out of the truck? Can you stand on them with your toes outward?
I love my running boards because they're great for standing on when I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night, but I need sliders too!
you can step on them...

That does look like a great antenna!

Where did you get it and what part number? My power antenna is broke and I need to replace it.

You know... I don’t remember exactly. It’s one of those universal ones from a parts house (O’Reilly’s, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, etc).

Oh and I was referring to the cold air intake (aka snorkel).

Last edited:
Yes I noticed it too. Not sure if they made changes in the design but I think its also because of the LX cladding below the doors. About 1" of cladding sticks out and below the doors so I lose some space there. My size 9 feet still stand on them fine though.

Slider_IMG_3301.JPG
Slider_IMG_3302.JPG
Slider_IMG_3303.JPG

Oh and I was referring to the cold air intake (aka snorkel).

I know you were......:rofl:

But I really am interested in the antenna.........

Thanks scumbag North Face. Love finding out from the internet that my photo was stolen, put on their shirts and monetized.

F3kia90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom