What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have taken the truck around for couple of hours, it feel much lighter. I am installing 6 inch lift and this is part one of the install that could prevent vibration down the road.

I used this video for installation:

View attachment 1531012

Whats the difference in the new round metal piece he put in and just leaving out the pieces and using the round metal piece you took out ?

I fixed my AC with copious amounts of help from @flintknapper. He is a true gem of the Land Cruiser community.

New compressor, condenser and expansion valve. Cleaned the evaporator, all new o-rings and flushed the all the lines and evaporator.

These are the vent temps with 100° ambient. I'm satisfied.
IMG_2299.JPG

Because the Land Cruiser is jealous, the drivers seat decided it was time to jam while driving to get gas for the first time in 5 months. It also decided to present mushy brakes.

Almost there.°°

Spent Labor Weekend at Coyote Lake for my 1st time. Had a blast! put some new dents in Succubus, caught a monster trout, hiked to the highest point to take a awesome selfie hahahaha!View attachment 1530985 View attachment 1530986 View attachment 1530987 View attachment 1530988

View attachment 1530989
damn Im digging that awning, who makes it? I just opened up my ARB for first time ever, set it up nice looked it over then the wind kicked up flipped it all the way over top of my rig. bending swing out support arms bad. No issue tho simply got to fabbing and made extruded alumin ones stronger and a bit better.

I fixed my AC with copious amounts of help from @flintknapper. He is a true gem of the Land Cruiser community.

New compressor, condenser and expansion valve. Cleaned the evaporator, all new o-rings and flushed the all the lines and evaporator.

These are the vent temps with 100° ambient. I'm satisfied.
View attachment 1531365

Because the Land Cruiser is jealous, the drivers seat decided it was time to jam while driving to get gas for the first time in 5 months. It also decided to present mushy brakes.

Almost there.°°
Is that temp sitting or while driving?

Seems like every state has at least 1 Skyline Drive:rolleyes:

Is the link where you were - Skyline Drive
Yep! That's the one. There are actually a few Skyline Drives in Utah, but this one I think is the most popular & longest.

Reactions: RFB
Whats the difference in the new round metal piece he put in and just leaving out the pieces and using the round metal piece you took out ?
is that pic real?? a campered out fj??

My buddy and I took our 80's out to Hungry Valley SVRA in Gorman, CA. We played around at the 4WD practice area, which was fun, then goofed off on the trails and washes for a while. I got to set up my new Dobinson's awning, which I'm very happy with. There was some significant wind (35 mph gusts, I'd say) and it held fast. (I'm not getting compensated for saying this, it just happens to be true.)

I replaced the starter on my truck with a reman Denso unit, and it makes a very different noise than my old one. It's a little quieter, and just sounds very different. I'm trying not to be concerned about it (that's why I got a Denso, so I wouldn't have to be concerned).

In any case, the truck performed great and I love it.

Replaced D and Power lamps in dash, did the fantastic Raventai temp gauge mod while I was in there.

Came out good!:grinpimp:

Did a solo fishing mission this past weekend and combined it with a shakedown of my new dual battery system, ahead of a two-weeker through Wyoming at mid-month. I was hesitant to head into the Colorado mountains on Labor Day weekend given the vast numbers of Texans with their fleets of ATVs and RV trailers, but once again, I learned that if you just go the difficult, out-of-the-way route, it's possible to find real solitude out here. Found two A+ campsites, drove a couple hundred miles on dirt, caught a bunch of fish, didn't have to speak to another person for four days straight, and everything in the Cruiser works! In a fit of maturity, I even resisted the urge to stop fishing and moon the passing train's passengers, too. I must be growing up / getting old.

Screenshot 2017-09-05 10.33.09.png

FullSizeRender 17.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Did a solo fishing mission this past weekend and combined it with a shakedown of my new dual battery system, ahead of a two-weeker through Wyoming at mid-month. I was hesitant to head into the Colorado mountains on Labor Day weekend given the vast numbers of Texans with their fleets of ATVs and RV trailers, but once again, I learned that if you just go the difficult, out-of-the-way route, it's possible to find real solitude out here. Found two A+ campsites, drove a couple hundred miles on dirt, caught a bunch of fish, didn't have to speak to another person for four days straight, and everything in the Cruiser works! In a fit of maturity, I even resisted the urge to stop fishing and moon the passing train's passengers, too. I must be growing up / getting old.

View attachment 1531706

View attachment 1531703
View attachment 1531707

best whiskey (esp when you can't decide between bourbon, scotch, or rye)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom