What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clawhammer in Johnson Valley --> Had to bust out the winch. 37's just wasn't enough to get me over....
I can solidly endorse the IPOR skidplate now. Has anyone made rear coil spring retainers? My rear tires could have drooped more, but the limit straps are preventing it. If the rear axle drooped more, maybe I could have pushed myself over, just thinking out loud.

View attachment 1193632
Nice shot! And anyway, if your spring is not putting down force on the tire you won't get useful traction so what you need is coil overs and longer arms. We need to keep the dust off our winches anyhow. Keep these kind of photos coming!!

Nice shot! And anyway, if your spring is not putting down force on the tire you won't get useful traction so what you need is coil overs and longer arms. We need to keep the dust off our winches anyhow. Keep these kind of photos coming!!

If you like that you'll like these old ones on John Bull earlier this year. This was just kind of bad technique on my part, picking the harder line when I could have easily picked a different line....

FB_IMG_1436331379949.jpg
FB_IMG_1436331402194.jpg

I love the color on your 80. I'm going to look into tinting my montaliner with Subaru desert Khaki H6Q. I have the yeti 35 and thought that was all there was room for beside a 35" tire. I stand corrected!

Awesome! I didn't know Subaru had a beige. You might not have to tint the monstaliner. @duggy monstalined his 100 in one of their colors and it's an awesome looking beige/tan.

image.jpeg

When I bought the Yeti there was no way I was going with a smaller one since the inside was a lot smaller than I anticipated. I have never seen another 45 on a swing out, but there was no way I was not going to make it fit and downsize my cooler. If only I had made the basket an inch wider I could have fit 4 Jerry cans in it.

Anything from dirt roads to moderate trails. I live about 30 miles from Max Patch so I know the area pretty good. I use Polaris Navigation GPS app to find my way around in areas I don't know. Here's a good video to show what kind of trails you will see in the area.

Ok thanks. Do you keep a file of your GPS tracks by chance?

Everyone else is going to the snow so why not me?
Family Snow Trip 1-16-16

As things came into alignment, pay day, day off & good weather the family made quick plans to make a snow trip. It turns out the 4x4Him group was also doing a snow run to lower Bald Mountain area. So we met up with them & made a day out of it.
We where able to get to the grean gate entrance (I'm guesing 5 miles) which was way more further than reports from other groups weeks back. By then it was 1pm, time to turn around & head back out. That took several hours as some groups behind us wanted to push forward as we were wanting to go back out creating a traffic jam. As we had to blaze another lane of travel back out. I didn’t count, but guessing about 40 rigs with 8 groups of people wanting to do different things. Crazy at best.
I was promising the kids all that day we would go sledding & tubing. As the sun was getting closer to the horizon I was getting a bit worried about it. (OK, I was getting frustrated with the traffic jam.)
We arrive safley back to Dinky Creek Road with just enough day light left to air up & allow the kids some sled & tubing runs.
The Lord is Good to us. We all had a great time, the kids got to get out & exspend their pined up energy. I can only imagine being a kid sitting a rig most of the day basically parked hoping to go sledding the whole time. That being said they did great!
Below is some pics & even video of the day.
20160116_144703.jpg
20160118_114453.png

20160116_143125.jpg

20160116_143258.jpg

Awesome! Looks like a good time was had. Sucks about traffic. I hate that. This is why I installed a flip down DVD player in my 80 when my kids were younger. This was before good cell phone service and all that. Could pop in a movie and wheel my 80 to get to wherever we were going. I keep saying I'm going to take the DVD player out but never get around to it.

I got tired of getting turned around and upside down, direction wise in this land of no straight roads, and shelled out a whopping $9.99 for this:

Airguide compass.jpg

I discovered that the fan will deflect the compass 3-5 degrees clockwise when turned to full, and I can live with that. This thing is dead nuts on, engine running or not. It also serves as a rough declinometer.

Ironically, my co-worker has a Mercedes crossover (the white one with the roof rack in the background of the picture) with a hugely expensive electronic one that just randomly spits out cardinal directions which are always significantly off.

I plan on rubbing his nose in it in a few moments.

went wheeling, tried to spoil a jeep poser shot, fried my 2nd fusible link in 4 months while on the trail :confused:, jumpered the grey connector to power the ecu so i could make it home... :steer:
20160116_130456.jpg

20160118_194312.jpg

I got tired of getting turned around and upside down, direction wise in this land of no straight roads, and shelled out a whopping $9.99 for this:

View attachment 1193877
I discovered that the fan will deflect the compass 3-5 degrees clockwise when turned to full, and I can live with that. This thing is dead nuts on, engine running or not. It also serves as a rough declinometer.

Ironically, my co-worker has a Mercedes crossover (the white one with the roof rack in the background of the picture) with a hugely expensive electronic one that just randomly spits out cardinal directions which are always significantly off.

I plan on rubbing his nose in it in a few moments.

Web link please?

Went snow wheeling, made it about 350 yds before spending the next 2 hours turning around using the winch only. My GF is a great co-driver with a super good attitude. Bummer part was that the EFI fuse kept blowing due to the huge amount work the poor engine had to do. I'm guessing some snow is shoving the O2 harness in the wrong direction or maybe the harness by the EGR needs to be revisited again. Friend with a 4Runner came down with more fuses and then got himself stuck! On the way back out, we had to recover a Ford Escape.

It was a good day.
Ford Escape rescue.jpg
IMG_20160109_140519635.jpg
IMG_20160109_142552824.jpg
IMG_20160109_150151801.jpg
Jessica.jpg

I sold her. It was my daily driver for a while and then became a toy to ride around the farm. Other hobbies took over and it pretty much sat for the last year. My kids were a little sad to see it go but it was time.

Finished up the head gasket. Not super hard but a lot of work. I easily put in 10 hours or reassembly. It fired right up but now the transmission is buzzing. WTF? On a bright side, bought a 2015 200 series after a drunk driver took out my pristine 100 series. Land cruiser and loving it!

Finished up the head gasket. Not super hard but a lot of work. I easily put in 10 hours or reassembly. It fired right up but now the transmission is buzzing. WTF? On a bright side, bought a 2015 200 series after a drunk driver took out my pristine 100 series. Land cruiser and loving it!
Pics of the 200?

Well...... We work on both 80's this weekend..

The 93'
IMG_4146[1].JPG

Give her a reeeaaally good bath and installed a new KENWOOD DDX372BT head unit.. Liking it it a lot so far.

IMG_5031[1].JPG

Also installed a 5" OME on the virgin 94'.. first mod to her! she was BONE STOCK!!!
Still don't know what tires to get to both of them.. The 93' will be the priority, it has Nitto 285/75/16 on J springs and surely look small... 315's or 35 will be the size to go.. Still don't know what to get...

IMG_4724[1].JPG

IMG_5014[1].JPG

IMG_4905[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom