What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finished reassembling the engine with complete desmog.
I left nothing of the system, closed all holes and pipes.
much more space which I will use for the second battery and a compressor
Turned on the engine and reached the operating temperature the idle was at 750.
In my opinion it is more aggressive at low revs.
Thanks for the info I found in the forum

View attachment 3246713

View attachment 3246720
Hungale, taking a closer look at the photos of your engine bay I just noticed the thick blanket like liner material on the fenders and firewall of your truck. Is that a factory sound deadener, or some other type of insulation? Is that a European spec option?

Used the 60 to winch the 40 onto a trailer that will be towed by the 80. Group effort.

IMG_9461.jpg
IMG_9462.jpg
IMG_9460.jpg

Pulled all of the flooring and pad out of my 60 and scrubbed the floors clean. Cleaned up wiring, painted the seat mounts black and then cut new black diamond plate neoprene for the front/mid section and carpet for the back. I had replaced the carpet with neoprene 10 years ago but had made a few mods since then that left unneeded notches in the old flooring and made some adjustments in the new for a better fit. Neoprene was around $200 on eBay, carpet $30 from Home Depot. I love the neoprene over carpet and after 10 years the old stuff still looked new.

IMG_20230105_101018213_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230119_114619932~2.jpg
IMG_20230119_114509541~2.jpg
IMG_20230119_171324550.jpg
IMG_20230121_152017531~2.jpg
IMG_20230121_153042891~2.jpg

sometimes the little things are the big things. I am probably not alone when I look at someone's cruiser dash. My eyes go right to the dash bezel to look for cracked screw corner and the typical split above the AC controls. Mine had both. Other vendors have put solutions out there but they were either rough or too far from OEM. The Rust Farmers (OEM Quality Parts for Toyota Land Cruiser and Mini Trucks - https://www.therustfarmers.com/) put out an actual injection molded edition painted to match. Just installed it. Slight oversight on one of the corners where they missed some black paint, but other than that it looks like it did when it was on the show room floor 4 years ago.

Before:
PXL_20230218_183303485.MP.jpg

After:
PXL_20230218_192958192.MP.jpg

Pulled all of the flooring and pad out of my 60 and scrubbed the floors clean. Cleaned up wiring, painted the seat mounts black and then cut new black diamond plate neoprene for the front/mid section and carpet for the back.
I like how this looks! How's the neoprene for sound deadening? My 60 is pretty loud with the 4bt in it, but at the moment I don't have carpet, just knockoff Dynamat on the sheet metal.

Test fit my new ABS tailgate panel last night. A couple holes are just slightly off, like between 0.5 and 3mm. Not sure how that error occurred in my CAD work, but oh well, V2 will be ready soon enough. I will be selling these but this post is less shameless self promotion and more of me being excited to get one installed on my own truck. I'm tearing up my near-perfect carpeted panel and I want to get it out of there before I kill it. Too much loading of hardware store stuff for work, music equipment, bags of recover gear for wheeling, etc. Every time I drag some big heavy object over the carpet it pulls up a corner or puts a gash in the vinyl edging.

IMG-7086(1).jpg
IMG-7085.jpg

These will be laser cut out of black ABS plastic. Short of taking an angle grinder to it, it will stand up to whatever I throw at it. And yeah, it looks brown. That's actually just a protective kraft paper backing that peels off.

Test fit my new ABS tailgate panel last night. A couple holes are just slightly off, like between 0.5 and 3mm. Not sure how that error occurred in my CAD work, but oh well, V2 will be ready soon enough. I will be selling these but this post is less shameless self promotion and more of me being excited to get one installed on my own truck. I'm tearing up my near-perfect carpeted panel and I want to get it out of there before I kill it. Too much loading of hardware store stuff for work, music equipment, bags of recover gear for wheeling, etc. Every time I drag some big heavy object over the carpet it pulls up a corner or puts a gash in the vinyl edging.

View attachment 3251697View attachment 3251699

These will be laser cut out of black ABS plastic. Short of taking an angle grinder to it, it will stand up to whatever I throw at it. And yeah, it looks brown. That's actually just a protective kraft paper backing that peels off.
That tail gate trim I forgot about a while ago as a lost cause. It this ABS anything like plastic cutting board material? I've found as well that the tailgate is a great work bench and kitchen counter top. The carpet is better for collecting dog hair than anything else.

That tail gate trim I forgot about a while ago as a lost cause. It this ABS anything like plastic cutting board material? I've found as well that the tailgate is a great work bench and kitchen counter top. The carpet is better for collecting dog hair than anything else.
Man, that’s exactly it - the tailgate is a work surface for me, occasionally at my day job but definitely when camping. It’s the cooking surface, the first aid table, the water station, the headlamp battery changing table, etc.

ABS and HDPE are pretty similar. It’s easier to find texture ABS in the proper thickness, so availability is a big part of it. HDPE supposedly is slightly less heat resistant and a touch more brittle than ABS, so I did not use it for those reasons. ABS can also be heat molded - something I want to experiment with in the future.

Took my kids skiing at Timberline for my birthday. What a great day with powder stashes in the tree glades. Had a great time and made great memories.
That roof rack is saweeeet!

Hungale, taking a closer look at the photos of your engine bay I just noticed the thick blanket like liner material on the fenders and firewall of your truck. Is that a factory sound deadener, or some other type of insulation? Is that a European spec option?
Those are factory rubber splash shields. They deteriorate over time and most of them are gone. Trail Tailor reproduced them. They work wonders for keeping the engine bay clean. I need to get a replacement set myself.

Edit: never mind… I was totally mistaken. Carry on.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.
However the acoustic insulation is original

Pulled my dash bezel apart so I could get rid of this Heep style locker switch :flipoff2: . Also replaced the bezel with one from Cruiser Head. 3D printing is awesome!
I didn’t color match so don’t hate me. I just used rattle can.

296B1227-181C-4CFE-80CF-CDB18234AF8D.jpeg
F16E4074-0D40-4D9B-8F20-FC51045D9649.jpeg
BE6BCAB5-75A8-441A-88A1-3B3BBFE08DE6.jpeg

Really missing my 60 these days.

I really want it on the road again.

20F88A3E-CDFC-4483-B790-0A6839D2D2E8.jpeg

TRAIL TAILOR CUSTOMS

I have been contacted by a company that wants to buy TT CUSTOMS and move it to Seattle. I will have to postpone retirement for an additional year with this contract, but will be well worth my time, money and agreed time off for that year to proceed.

This will be primarily a Land Cruiser and Nissan Patrol based custom build and maintenance shop with a secondary emphasis as a maintenance and upgrade shop for all Toyota and Nissan 4x4s.

12 lift bays , 10 build/assemby stations, with a full paint and body shop and retail frontage. Pulling in Toyota and Nissan techs from around the US to staff. Approx. 23000 sq ft facility.

I was told I could post the tentative plans so I could get some forum feedback over the 5 forums I belong to. The partner company is well into the research of this need in the Seattle/PNW area and the demographic study with the imports coming into the area.

If all goes as planned TT CUSTOMS will be under new ownership March 2024.

TRAIL TAILOR (fabricated parts) will stay AS IS with me and be up to my discretion as to what I build and what I want to promote for my retirement scale back while building, selling and promoting TT products to the new company as well.

Exciting changes in the next two years for us.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom