What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife and I dropped our girls off at my parents for the weekend and rented a semi-primitive cabin in Red River Gorge. Great weekend and was able to get some dirt under the tires on parts of the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway!

i1c1xlE.jpg

pZbKeV0.jpg

dtSKSps.jpg

aXMIauh.jpg

y7k9hnW.jpg

This was the access "road" to the cabin, the ad was right when it said 4WD required.

0n0bck7.jpg

H5DEeuF.jpg

Last edited:
I built the front bumper myself, it's sort of a copy of the new ARB without the hoop, which I hope to add this winter. Then I'll be building a rear bumper with tire and fuel carriers.
It's a great looking bumper. Impressive skills. I'm in the midst of doing a resto/mod on my 62. My old truck hasn't been as lucky as yours. It's got rust in all the usual places :frown:. I've got all new sheet metal to weld onto it (Wolf Steel), but can't for the life of me find a local welder who is able to take on the work until mid/late winter. My neighbor has a welding kit that he's offered to me, but dang, it's an intimidating prospect. My interior restoration is coming along very nicely though. One thing at a time!
Take it easy.

My wife and I dropped our girls off at my parents for the weekend and rented a semi-primitive cabin in Red River Gorge. Great weekend and was able to get some dirt under the tires on parts of the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway!
This was the access "road" to the cabin, the ad was right when it said 4WD required.

That looks like a great trip! The Gorge is such a beautiful part of the state. If I can get my truck back together, I'm heading down that way with a buddy at the end of next month. If you have the time, can you give a brief report on the DBBB?
Thank you!
Take it easy.

@Old Nick I can't speak to too much of the DBBB, we only did Hell Creek Road and Part of Old Fincastle. Everything was mostly dry and in good condition. We went mostly to hike.
I've never seen the Gorge as crowded as it was, make sure you grab a beer at Hops on HWY11!
Thank you! My buddy and I are unlikely to do the whole thing (and none of it if I can get my interior put back together... Every truck project takes three times longer than I think it will when getting started!) We went down to the Gorge earlier in the summer (family vacation). It was packed then. I can only imagine how busy it is now with this lovely fall weather we've been having. Hopefully the leaves will still be on, and in full color when we head down there next month. It looked like they were just starting to turn in your pics, which were beautiful by the way.

I put this

View attachment 2452854

into this:

View attachment 2452855

I also swapped in my new city racer power steering pump and high pressure line. Not quite ready to turn the key yet but 95% there.

Before the install I spent a good amount of time with the dremel cleaning up the intake manifold which must have been one of the tails of the bell curve of the accetable castings....or it had the new mold maker the day they cast it. Luckily the manifold I took off is much nicer and I'll likely end up using it in the future if I go to the 3FE manifolds.

Previous owner had an upholstery shop put the new headliner in. Instead of taking off the dome light, they just put the liner right over the top of it. So today I cut the perfect headliner to fish out the dome light and it works perfectly after a new bulb was installed. I have a new lens cover ordered and it will be here in a few days.
Edit: had an LED bulb in the drawer at home. Much better.
C1E49106-0B82-47BC-867E-30418B56CE00.jpeg

8C972E14-99D8-4DDC-B49C-3CCCE0C1C3AD.jpeg

Last edited:
The old girl's ass has been dragging. I put the heavy (CS004) OME springs on her 5 years ago but with the swing out bumper, sliders and 38 gallon tank, she went from stink bugging to looking like an old lady in yoga pants. I chatted with @cruiseroutfit and decided to add a leaf. I also removed the "Hat" and put the spacer in.
That gained her nearly 1.75" of lift! That really improved her attitude! It took all of 4 hours to do one side but much easier then the original install. I got to do the other side tomorrow.

IMG_20201010_101112185.jpg

IMG_20201010_142735300.jpg

New Shoe’s General Grabber X3 33 10.50‘s
1EE22BBB-5B68-41F5-8DD6-9BDD9A61DF8E.jpeg
BFCD83B9-5BB2-42A9-AB31-9D54BDBD6033.jpeg

New clutch master cylinder install...
6EB32FBF-6905-4736-804C-A15273D9715A.jpeg

5624BAD0-C9C0-4384-8E06-3E66B137E130.jpeg

Planned on doing the slave cylinder too, but thanks to FedEx, that package is sitting at some random person’s house. I’m visiting family and won’t have time to do it before heading home.

I'm still impressed with OME springs. They flex so well and ride great.
View attachment 2461659
View attachment 2461657

Planned on doing the slave cylinder too, but thanks to FedEx, that package is sitting at some random person’s house. I’m visiting family and won’t have time to do it before heading home.
Just did that a couple weeks ago. Seems like the same parts wear out at the same time for many of us. Just watch MUD, you will see what's next. 😆

I'm still impressed with OME springs. They flex so well and ride great.

Just did that a couple weeks ago. Seems like the same parts wear out at the same time for many of us. Just watch MUD, you will see what's next. 😆

I figure a couple more parts replaced and I can sell this thing as a new truck!

I haven't seen a truck yet that I'd rather have. But I am stupidity loyal like that. We all have different needs.

View attachment 2461659
View attachment 2461657

That sounds oh too familiar. I was supposed to have my new tail lights to install the Sunday before last. I was out of town when I got the email stating the package was delivered so I had my Sis go by and put them in the house. She called and said there was no package. I checked with my neighbors when I returned home and they said they didn't get it by mistake. Ended up contacting the seller to have them open a lost claim since FedEx couldn't help me directly. Guess it's a waiting game at this point. Hope you get yours in a timely manner.

Installed Trail Tailor AC Bezel. Primed and spray bombed (many light coats) flat black. Had to grind down the back at the sides a little where they were bumping on the metal dash. Also grind the sandwich hole down to fit my Yaesu.

20201008_160651.jpg

20201008_160642.jpg

20201008_160603.jpg

Small stuff. Last year I'd have my fan running and it would intermittently shut off then a short time later turn on. This no matter what speed it was set. Cooler weather is setting in and having a functional heating system will be nice. I pulled a circuit breaker and fan relay out of my parts stash thinking I would replace both. Once I pulled out the old CB I noted that it is some no-name aftermarket CB and I replaced with an OEM unit. Quick test and the fan seems to run better. Full test coming this week.

IMG_5236.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom