What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday (Thursday) I replaced my brake master and bled all 4 corners with fresh fluid. I also pulled the right rear drum off and pulled the parking brake pivot off as it no longer was moving. I freed it all up, coated everything in anti-seize and reassembled. Now the parking brake activates and releases....and my brakes work wonderfully. I've come to realize that I really enjoy the option of working brakes.

We finished up a custom front bumper build for a customer on his super clean 60.
Now off to the coaters.

I like it! I'd like to build something like that...though probably without the bull bar and made from Aluminum instead.

ARB went on....Along with other goodies....

20190531_081147.jpg

20190531_081432.jpg

Painted up the de-chromed plastic pieces with Rustoleum Hammered Matte Black.
Going to let it cure for a couple days but stoked on how it looks. The fender vents plastic did not survive the bleach baths.

AF786B48-42E4-4FA0-8B7E-49743A6C6B99.jpeg

46D37C08-D6B6-4FD7-8A11-A16AC56A71A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Is your ARB mounted higher than normal?
Ha.... Not sure.... You tell me.... There was 3 mounting holes on the side of Arb to accommodate different lift suspension options. I put mine at 2 to 3 inches iirc...Does seem kinda high though...

Ha.... Not sure.... You tell me.... There was 3 mounting holes on the side of Arb to accommodate different lift suspension options. I put mine at 2 to 3 inches iirc...Does seem kinda high though...
At least your headlights aren’t blocked:rofl::beer::beer:

At least your headlights aren’t blocked:rofl::beer::beer:
Ha.... Was going for ultimate approach angle... ha.. does look high now that I look at it.... Was just following instructions.. Was looking at other pics of various 60s with arbs and some sit high like mine and other rigs barely show oem turn signals... Must be personal preference...

Last edited:
Drove it and drove it some more.

Last week the transfer case in my DD '86 FJ60 had a little issue and became undriveable. I had fieldwork to conduct so I used the '85 this week. The '85 for about a decade now has been relegated to farm service and local use. This was our first Cruiser and served as the family hauler for years. I swapped in a 3FE > 20 years ago. Still has the H42. Suspension is a BDS that is stiff with little flex, good ride on the road but not in the dirt. Running 4.11s and 255-85-16 tires, well used Toyos.

I racked up about 500 miles over three days becoming re-acquainted with this 60. The 3FE has > 200k on a rebuild and still runs strong. Mileage was in the 14-15 mpg range. My DD has the H55F and I've become accustomed to having 5th gear for highway driving. I ran up to 65 +/- and didn't find the H42 to really be lacking. If I was regularly running interstates and wanted 70+ I'd want the H55F.

I need to take this one out on more longer trips.

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMAGINE YOUR 60 SERIES HERE !!!!!!! It's the west rim trail in gorgeous Sand Hollow state park located in SW
Utah and home to the Winter 4x4 Jamboree every January. I'm inviting all of MUD to come out for our 2020 event. We had 860 vehicles last year and most were of the four letter word variety and I would really like to get some more Toyota's here so....I'm working on a Toyota only trail ride and a couple other MUD exclusive events. I know this may seem like a ways off but planning early is the best way to be able join in on the fun. Visit winter4x4jambree.com and shoot me a PM with any ?'s

20190526_104752.jpg

Ha.... Was going for ultimate approach angle... ha.. does look high now that I look at it.... Was just following instructions.. Was looking at other pics of various 60s with arbs and some sit high like mine and other rigs barely show oem turn signals... Must be personal preference...
Must be, I don't have an ARB on mine but had looked at numerous pictures trying to decide what to go with. I wasn't sure what the mounting options.

To give you a frame of reference.

20160318_190352.jpg
20160318_191817.jpg
20160318_191809.jpg

Drove it and drove it some more.

Last week the transfer case in my DD '86 FJ60 had a little issue and became undriveable. I had fieldwork to conduct so I used the '85 this week. The '85 for about a decade now has been relegated to farm service and local use. This was our first Cruiser and served as the family hauler for years. I swapped in a 3FE > 20 years ago. Still has the H42. Suspension is a BDS that is stiff with little flex, good ride on the road but not in the dirt. Running 4.11s and 255-85-16 tires, well used Toyos.

I racked up about 500 miles over three days becoming re-acquainted with this 60. The 3FE has > 200k on a rebuild and still runs strong. Mileage was in the 14-15 mpg range. My DD has the H55F and I've become accustomed to having 5th gear for highway driving. I ran up to 65 +/- and didn't find the H42 to really be lacking. If I was regularly running interstates and wanted 70+ I'd want the H55F.

I need to take this one out on more longer trips.

View attachment 1991653

View attachment 1991654
That’s a sweet looking 60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom