What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha! It’s a ‘13. I got really lucky and only paid $150 tho I drove almost 4 hours round trip to get it in my Nissan this past Sat. ;) My son has yet to see it. It’s kind of a shared bday present for him and I. He’ll be 6 on 6/14.

View attachment 1982668
13' is a perfect size and still manageable.

I scored a full set of OEM mud flaps! They were really sad looking, but in decent shape structurally, and the brackets were still there. I used a cleaning method I found on here, and they turned out awesome!

ORG_DSC00825.jpg

ORG_DSC00827.jpg

ORG_DSC00828.jpg

I am thoroughly jealous. All of mine are missing and nobody seems to be reproducing them, I was just scheming a way to mount up some universal ones but they look so wrong on a 60.

But what I was supposed to be doing was bathing the spare tire lift in Kroil, finding the dang chain adapter, and putting the spare back on to prep for a little camp outing this weekend. The old spare 32" KO is a little dry rotted but holding 29 psi, so I figure it's safe for an emergency. The crank handle for the jack and spare lift is long gone, an open end wrench works well enough on the square drive to move it.

I am thoroughly jealous. All of mine are missing and nobody seems to be reproducing them, I was just scheming a way to mount up some universal ones but they look so wrong on a 60.

But what I was supposed to be doing was bathing the spare tire lift in Kroil, finding the dang chain adapter, and putting the spare back on to prep for a little camp outing this weekend. The old spare 32" KO is a little dry rotted but holding 29 psi, so I figure it's safe for an emergency. The crank handle for the jack and spare lift is long gone, an open end wrench works well enough on the square drive to move it.
Other Toyotas use the same crank handle. I know the one for my '93 4-Runner is basically the same.

Mine snapped off too while 100 miles from home. I had to use zip ties until I could get it to a mechanic.

I caught this early. Had just gassed up about 3 miles from home and in pulling out from the station felt something wasn't right. Turned and went home. The bolt head and retainer tab are still attached to the ground wire so I haven't lost anything :lol:. This bolt appears to be in a low stress setting but I guess not.

Had a few Cruiser's show up to help align my MGB.

AMFLUO0.jpg

Well, they drank beer.

R2p7shO.jpg
You're a brave man with an MGB, you must love time in that garage :)

It was my first car, my Father and I restored it together! Going on nearly 20 years of ownership!
I had an MGB GT a very long time ago. BRG and plenty of rust. Loved that thing, the 2 days a month it worked...

Hounded my neighbor to sell me his MGB-GT when i was 17/18yrs old. He ended up selling me his Audi Coupe-GT. Should probably thank him but the mgb-gt is a great looking rig STILL

I've done this before, should only take a couple of hours :lol: :lol:. A few hours later finally apart. One of the idler shaft thrust washers was thoroughly mangled and a couple of the gears chipped teeth. I have a set of extra gears that I think will work, if not these are going back it because I don't have time to track down good replacements. This could have been much worse. As it was the shaft backed out near my home, I could have been a couple of hundred miles from home and have had this happen.

IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
IMG_2285.JPG

Another Saturday on the Speedhut gauges
72FBDF06-9077-42BE-A293-96A1A080861B.jpeg

Got all the sensor wire into the cab and started wiring it all up. The harnesses are really nicely done.
0EF34720-DDA9-4690-BBC2-DA5DC2EDFB53.jpeg

Dimmer switch in the same stock location
BE82F267-7D27-4D7B-A36D-8D9FDDA758FD.jpeg

GPS speedometer sensor
288B2234-BF88-45B5-A894-C3632A0A1B92.jpeg

All connected. Tested it and took it for a road test.
FB46F1D2-94B6-4AE4-B960-6282271715A8.jpeg

Drove it with it on my lap to make sure it all worked before stuffing it all in the dash. Only issue is my backlighting.

🇺🇸 Happy Memorial Day veterans and thanks to those who fought and served for our country. God Bless America. 🇺🇸

Last edited:
All PM work this past week(end):

Replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, gas tank sending unit, got a gas tank ReNu (Gas Tank Renu | Stop Rust Permanently), installed a SS battery tray, did an all drive train fluids flush and fill (diffs, trans, transfer), oil change, put new studs and lug nuts on all 4 corners, and popped in the rebuilt carb and boxed up the previously running old/spare carb.

Will be posting a for sale ad soon on this dessert tan 196K mile 1986 FJ60 with full OEM emissions intact.
PM me if you need a clean vehicle like this prior to me posting the FS ad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom