What did you do to your pig today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this was an area @scrapdaddy had some issues with. The threaded u-plates (or whatever you’d want to call them) had collapsed (probably from the factory) due to the cheese d*ck design. I want to say he spot welded a piece of 1/4” flat stock with some threaded holes in them and pretty much put that original engineer’s design to complete shame.

Friday I got Zeke back from the shop, where they replaced the clutch pack and replaced the main and oil pan seals.

Saturday, I was finally able to get the timing and carb adjusted correctly.

Today, Zeke is Doing Work to Earn His Keep.

67291211_10217989140994569_8650683365348868096_n.jpg

I took mine out after I advanced the timing a bit more. I’m at 13*

No ping. Most all diesel at shut down gone.

This thing is a monster

06EA8B0F-C061-4DF1-B08D-FC3602239DFB.jpeg

Back from a bit of a SW Colorado tour celebrating our 50th anniversary..."most of 'em happy...most of 'em together" as some friends once said. Included a couple of nights camping at the site of the long-gone old family mining cabin where we spent the first few days of married life. Had some visitors less than 100 yards from camp. Also stopped along the journey to pick up a few parts.

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

50 is great! Congrats, nice trip too.

Congratulations indeed! If you guys are ever around Colorado Springs let me know. We would love to meet you for dinner or something. That goes for any of you 55 guys.

Thanks, Craig. We're over to Denver occasionally but not to C Springs much. If we get your way, we'll certainly let you know.

New windshield courtesy of State Farm and Safelite. First one in this old body since at least the early 1990s. It was starting to cloud up and delaminate at the lower center, then came a timely stone chip and cracking on the recent 2nd honeymoon trip. Hopefully good for another 25 years or so.
Windshield gasket still uncracked and flexible nine years after the old glass was reinstalled after being removed for painting. It was still in the OEM plastic along with similarly packaged cargo rubber for both sides when it came with a batch of unused parts bought here on MUD way back when.

2019 windshield.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom