What did you do to your pig today? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aren’t they all wild?

It has been my observation that they were all born tame, but quite a few, through either abuse or neglect revert to their feral genetics. Rooting in and of itself is nothing to be concerned about.

Carry on.

New heater core came in the mail today. Advertised as "Fits FJ40 and FJ55". I was skeptical, I'd been fooled by that before...
But this City Racer fellow seems to know what he's talkin' about. Identical to what was in there, fit perfectly.
So I put it in, might snow tonight, we'll see how well it works in the morning.

20200415_094603.jpg

20200415_094609.jpg

Did the ol' 80-series-brake-master-into-a-Pig procedure. added the City Racer brake booster at the same time.
Installation was a breeze. Stopping power, with my 4-wheel discs, is greatly improved.

20200417_120840.jpg

20200417_152300.jpg

In Boulder CO and haven’t been to any of the Pig Parties? We need to see more of that Green Machine out and about!

I‘d love to attend but, the Working Pig will need some work (new transmission no 1st gear) before he could make it down and back up the mountain. I have a new trans and just need to swap......maybe I can sneak my 60 in and no one will notice?

1210CD14-197D-4E9D-957D-2BFFE1948206.jpeg
E3BDE892-56F5-4FD5-BCDC-36D220BA739A.jpeg

Looks great @Pighead ! Any specific details about this conversion to pass along?

It was really easy. Read the directions on City Racer's site. Bench bled the master on the firewall. Adjusted the pushrods by eyeball.

Yes; do tell. Can you do this conversion with OEM front disks and rear drums?

Not sure. Probably. If you keep the rear drums tightly adjusted

What size bore is that? Brake lines match up (mostly)?
Bore is smaller IIRC. Discs require less fluid in motion, this MC moves less fluid but at a higher pressure.
Brake lines matched up with the new MC with only slight persuasion.

Keep Hanging in there, just do what you can 😉🙂👍

x2! You ever heard the Zeppelin song Good Times Bad Times? That is exactly like a Pig project. I thought about selling mine at one point it was driving me crazy!

Trying to organize the shop space some. Need to get my son’s 40 inside for some work. Took the fenders I got with AuPig out and placed them on the 69 I drug home . Looks more pig like now. May need to put some doors on it too.

AF384532-BE00-4360-9001-6F4948A25024.jpeg

The rack was the main attraction when I bought it. Thinking it might become an electric around town pig in the future. A company on eBay sells a conversion kit for around $6,000. Plus batteries. Got to finish one before starting another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom