What did you do to your pig today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they go on the lower part of the door jamb. They cover wiring I think.

Door sills. The long ones are for the front, short for the rear.

That’s quite a pile of parts! Some will be sad to see it was a green 55. Others are chuckling sinisterly, on the inside.
Thanks! Well I’m disappointed that under that crap gray paint they’re factory red doors

Polished on the new to me Pig today.

I love love love seeing this happen

7DBFE181-6D08-4BB9-8327-8B4DDE77D3D3.jpeg

05CC9EAD-AD2C-43A2-8CF3-130ADD2ADBF4.jpeg

D50C8762-BAE9-4E0A-8423-4E1F72C2427E.jpeg

5E1BF2DC-759B-41C7-A786-509D1DF48F63.jpeg

8D7F49F3-8149-41D5-AFC9-A8F2A850B0BA.jpeg

I may get that relay rod, but I replaced all my TREs about 6 years ago with a cruiser outfitters 555 kit and only put about 3000 miles on it in that time but all the boots are torn and mangled, which is strange from 98% road miles. All I really need are new boots as the TREs still feel tight.

I installed the Weber carb today and rebuilt the center arm. Long day, a little quick thinking for vacuum porting and operation but the center arm made a huge difference. Runs great and steers much better. A little wash Sunday morning and it’s out on the road for this little pig.

Installed new antenna and fixed the hood latch. My middle son who fancies himself as a bit of a car audiophile helped me with the antenna. Amazingly he was impressed with the head unit, amp and speakers that the PO had installed.

oooo...I don't know. I had no idea that some could be different.

If they are flat as many of the aftermarket ones are they won’t contact the drum as level.

If they are ramped and you have tbem 180* out they really hit the drum goofy.

Worth a look. Discovered all the 411 when I built 4 wheel drums on my 45

So what was involved with the hood latch repair?

Good question. I removed the latch support and proceeded to get it back to what I visioned as factory. That involved a hammer, a concrete curb and a bit of imagination. Honestly though it's not that hard to imagine what is a factory bend vs what is clearly warped.

I then looked at all the body connecting pieces and did the same. I think a big help was getting the cross member straight where the two upper bolts for the latch support connect. It's not that the cross member was not straight but it has that odd configuration with a narrow u-channel behind it where the latch support connects. If you look at the attached photo, I pulled the two circled areas forward which allowed the entire latch assembly to move forward. It doesn't look like that much in the photo but it moved it at least 1/4" forward which I think helped considerably.

Inkedfile-17_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom