What did you do on your 70 series today? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After the 77 dried off, I decided to try out the 70 series rack system from Australia designed for the 76 series.

It is a pretty nice set up and easy to install but I am still undecided if I want to use it for a rtt. My next year plans is to camp more solo so I need to get a tent up there eventually.

View attachment 2501548
View attachment 2501550
The first bar barely clears the sunroof in full tilt up mode.

View attachment 2501555

Those look just like the Rhino Rack version

1606162640124.png

They are the RL150 re-branded as OEM except I think the bars seem a bit longer. I didn't realize this until I got them.

I was waiting for someone else to spot the similarities. :)

What is funny is Rhino's own instructions does not mirror Toyota's own instructions to install them. The "Toyota way" was much easier.

Other rare, clutch booster, think it is for FZ70 but works great. Even my niece can press it.
IMG_20201123_173508.jpg
IMG_20201124_065256.jpg

Later I look for another longer vacuum line.

Other rare, clutch booster, think it is for FZ70 but works great. Even my niece can press it.

Later I look for another longer vacuum line.

Is it p/n 31440-60030? I had to find that part for the FJ73 I had and it was a major pain to source. I think it is long discontinued and pricey.

They are the RL150 re-branded as OEM except I think the bars seem a bit longer. I didn't realize this until I got them.

I was waiting for someone else to spot the similarities. :)

What is funny is Rhino's own instructions does not mirror Toyota's own instructions to install them. The "Toyota way" was much easier.

Instructions? We don't need no stinkin' instructions!

Clearly, I am not ready to tear off another corner of my man card....

Instructions? We don't need no stinkin' instructions!

Clearly, I am not ready to tear off another corner of my man card....

If you managed to install that new rear bumper awhile back without instructions, then I agree with you 100%. :lol:

When I started flying planes my buddy warned me of that. His canopy bubble was ruined by Windex. You may actually be able to buff the haze out with some rubbing compound. Motorcycle shops actually have a Polish just for the plexiglass fairing windshields on bikes.
As strange as it might sound, I’m not convinced that the issue isn’t on the inside of the plastic cover.

For $20 you can buy a new OEM cluster cover.

Cheers
I’ve got at least 2 new covers sitting around somewhere .... thanks

Installed Switch Assy, Turn Signal Part #84310-60570 supplied by @joekatana .
Thanks again Joe for supplying hard-to-find quality used EuroSpec LJ Parts.
This is the 3rd time you saved the day... Thanks!

PCB had a crack that disabled the Hazards & Turn Signals. The newer one fixed the issue.
A4571384-B481-4EA2-A353-55F37CD7B5A6.jpeg

7644D6A8-23FB-4057-B1BF-FF140DD6907C.jpeg

CC3FB9E2-255F-42A6-A732-006694AC68BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, Today I removed the head off the engine, a 1985 3B in a BJ70.
Head gasket had let go on number 2 pot.
It only had 800,000klm on it so time for a rebuild.
Got plenty of repair manuals, just looking for parts manuals / information now.
The last B engine I rebuilt was in about 1990 ish, maybe 89. I have heard I can install steel top pistons so I can put a turbo on when I finish the build with less worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom