What did you do on your 70 series today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

we're not savages, dude :grinpimp:

I had to buy a second one to live in my HDJ81, was happy to find there's now a cheaper version - same grinder but no timer and a plastic snap in cup to catch the grounds instead of the glass cup I broke on the first trip. I like it better as a truck grinder.

Lol, "truck grinder"
You’re making me feel stupid for pre-grinding when I camp. So, what size inverter do you use?

Gonna have to check out this value bodum without a timer...

we're not savages, dude :grinpimp:

I had to buy a second one to live in my HDJ81, was happy to find there's now a cheaper version - same grinder but no timer and a plastic snap in cup to catch the grounds instead of the glass cup I broke on the first trip. I like it better as a truck grinder.

Lol, "truck grinder"

I use the Porlex grinder with my 12v drill in the morning. haha

Changed out the v-belts on the Troopy

Old

v-belt old.jpg

and New

v-belt new.jpg

You’re making me feel stupid for pre-grinding when I camp. So, what size inverter do you use?

Gonna have to check out this value bodum without a timer...

Cheap modified sine 1000W in the 81, putting a cheap MS 600W in the 74.
This is the grinder, but it shows as currently unavailable on amazon.com

Amazon product ASIN B07FMDRHQ4

Last nights fun at baseball practice.

nado.png

Led to hanging out here for over an hour getting away from rain and potential hail. This is right before the rain started. I wouldn't have made it home...dry.
Out by our house, 8 miles south of town, wind snapped 8 power poles, we got power back about 3am.

D9C1A4F8-F515-428E-B601-20346A10C8CF.jpeg

Last nights fun at baseball practice.

View attachment 2366356

Led to hanging out here for over an hour getting away from rain and potential hail. This is right before the rain started. I wouldn't have made it home...dry.
Out by our house, 8 miles south of town, wind snapped 8 power poles, we got power back about 3am.

View attachment 2366351

Some of your pictures leave me utterly missing the Great Plains... both of these do that for some reason.

Well it's a truck at the shop :)

That interior of yours is RED!

Yes it is. A little too red, and trying to tone it down. I'm planning on installing the same "head liner" you used in the shop truck, which should help some. And then maybe painting the inside a more soothing color, possibly a light grey or tan, or something in between, but low on the list at this point.

Yes it is. A little too red, and trying to tone it down. I'm planning on installing the same "head liner" you used in the shop truck, which should help some. And then maybe painting the inside a more soothing color, possibly a light grey or tan, or something in between, but low on the list at this point.
Just a headliner will help out big time.

Your speaker pods are shipping today!

Counting my blessings that my BJ73 came with the stock airbox and ram intake. I spent today installing to lose the cone filter. Had to fab up about 6" of intake piping between the airbox and the turbo inlet. Napa had black rubber w/ 2 3/4" ID piping by the foot so I've got another piece if this one sucks. Trimmed an angle on the turbo inlet side to adjust for the weird angle difference.. oh well. Seems to work fine. I'll take all the air I can get at 7,000'

I'm sure there's an OEM part that would fit my needs better, I will probably just order that and the correct hose clamps :)

Before:
IMG_6197.jpeg

After:
IMG_5678.jpg

Spent the last few days changing oil, coolant, transmission/transfer case oil, and diff oils. Cooling system doesn't seem to have any issues. No leaks anywhere as far as I can tell. Going to run down to the real desert in the next couple days on a test run ahead of a 500 mile drive to the In-law's in Northern NM next week. Feeling good about it. Would be nicer with an operational tach- mostly running I-40 and I-25.

Also installed some parking lot visibility insurance and got all my bulbs in order:
IMG_5667.jpg

In other news I'm looking to piece together the rest of my roof rack and I need some brackets! Not sure if anybody is familiar with these. I've got a local welding shop bringing in the aluminum box channel I need, and I've got the quarter pieces, but these are the missing link. I need two of the big sizes and one of the smaller ones.

IMG_5679.jpg
IMG_5680.jpg

1HDFT will be so boss in that!

I sure hope so , gonna keep it stock for now and upgrade it later so I can feel the difference. Hope it is going to be even better then the 1HDFTE in my HDJ100 back home.

I sure hope so , gonna keep it stock for now and upgrade it later so I can feel the difference. Hope it is going to be even better then the 1HDFTE in my HDJ100 back home.

That seems to be the consensus. Aussies love the FT but not the FTE - at least the ones I talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom